The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Swollen and reddish tumor areas after first infustion of PD1

Forums General Melanoma Community Swollen and reddish tumor areas after first infustion of PD1

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

Dear all,

I haven't written for a some time. While building a house, going back to work, taking a lot of responsibility in raising our 2 year old, my husband had also a hard time fighting this disease. In February it was clear that Vemurafenib couldn't stop it anymore, in April he started 6 weeks radiation to his parotis and neck (only lymph node mets were left after partial response of Ipi in 2012 and Zel and Vem for more than a year) while staying on Vem. May/June he discovered two more subcutanous mets in his axilla. Luckily EAP for Merck's Anti-PD1 started in Europe and after almost four weeks of waiting he received his first infusion. We are more than happy becaus the fear that mel could spread to more areas is big.

My husband received the first infusion last thursday. On the same day we noticed a reddish coloring ot the area of visible tumors in parotis and neck area. Until today the coloring has increased, the area feels very firm, seems to swollen, and the area is very painfull. My question, has anyone experienced this under PD1, especially right after the first infusion? We hope that this is a good sign but it is a little frightening. My husband had a similar but much more light reaction to Ipi.

My thaughts go out to all of you brave melanoma fighters.

All the best, Jenny

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics