The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

survival rate after neck disectiom and radiation

Forums General Melanoma Community survival rate after neck disectiom and radiation

Participant
      What is overall survival when having neck disection for primary back neck. Also 25 rounds radiation. Tried interferon high dose made it two treatments and made me sick. No other options for stage 3 in canada.

Having neck disection and radiation does it really help melanoma and kill it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        geriakt
        Participant

Is it possible to travel to the Cleveland Clinic for treatment? Stage 3 you can get IPI.  I did it and did not get sick. BMS may help you with the cost of IPI. I did a clinical trial and BMS paid for all my drugs and treatment but this was before IPI was approved for stage 3. 

Please look into your options. 

Tom 

lmccann2016
            Participant
              Bms??? And can canadian travel to US and get treatment IPI
              jennunicorn
              Participant

Canadians travel to the US all the time for health care. If you're interested, I would give Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) a call and ask them if that's something they would help out with. Their customer service number is 1-800-332-2056. 

jennunicorn
                Participant

Canadians travel to the US all the time for health care. If you're interested, I would give Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) a call and ask them if that's something they would help out with. Their customer service number is 1-800-332-2056. 

jennunicorn
                  Participant

lmccann2016
                    Participant
                      lmccann2016
                      Participant
                      geriakt
                      Participant

Is it possible to travel to the Cleveland Clinic for treatment? Stage 3 you can get IPI.  I did it and did not get sick. BMS may help you with the cost of IPI. I did a clinical trial and BMS paid for all my drugs and treatment but this was before IPI was approved for stage 3. 

Tom 

geriakt
                        Participant

Tom 

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics