The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Surgery during Yervoy: a good idea??

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Surgery during Yervoy: a good idea??

Participant

My Dr. wants me to have abdominal and subcutaneous surgeries to remove melanomas.  I just had my 2nd Yervoy, and I wonder if this is a good idea.  I am getting a second opinion at Angeles Clinic.  I just wonder if anyone else has had this issue.

I have Stage IV for about 2 years, and this is my 4th treatment(s).  Interferon, Ipi, Bio, and Til

My Dr. wants me to have abdominal and subcutaneous surgeries to remove melanomas.  I just had my 2nd Yervoy, and I wonder if this is a good idea.  I am getting a second opinion at Angeles Clinic.  I just wonder if anyone else has had this issue.

I have Stage IV for about 2 years, and this is my 4th treatment(s).  Interferon, Ipi, Bio, and Til

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        lyndaloo
        Participant

Hi Theresa – I am wondering why the doctor would want to do surgery if you are in the midst of yervoy treatment?   Is the tumor at the point of needing removal, otherwise why can't it wait? If you are doing ipi for the second time it must have been somewhat successful the first time?

Lyndaloo

lyndaloo
          Participant

Hi Theresa – I am wondering why the doctor would want to do surgery if you are in the midst of yervoy treatment?   Is the tumor at the point of needing removal, otherwise why can't it wait? If you are doing ipi for the second time it must have been somewhat successful the first time?

Lyndaloo

lyndaloo
            Participant

Lyndaloo

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics