The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Subungual? Possible since I have unknown primary

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Subungual? Possible since I have unknown primary

Participant

Friends;

I have discovered a weird thing with my left pinky fingernail. Since I have an unknown primary…wondering if it could be subungual. I have a picture, but don't know how to post them, does anyone know how to post a picture? It probably isn't as it seems it would be unlikely for me to have subungual. It has no "black streak" but it is a streak that affects the whole nail, just doesn't have any color to it.

Thanks,

Ted

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

Nail streaks can happen for a bunch of different conditions.  It never hurts to ask but I've never heard of amelanotic lesions in a nail bed.  (Doesn't mean it doesn't happen cheeky but certainly not the norm).  Was your melanoma found in that same armpit lymph basin?

To post a picture, you could either change your profile pic or you would have to upload your picture to a site that provides you with a link to display it.  There is no capability of putting a picture directly in a post except via a link.

tedtell1
            Participant

Janner;

Actually I look at pictures of subungual, and they look similar to what is going on on my nail….but seriously it could still be nothing. I am really weird in that the initial discovery of melanoma was advanced metastatic tumor in the deep layers above my left shoulder blade with no primary found and no lymph node involvement at all. Crazy stuff. Just talked to my derm's office, they are going to take a look at it in a couple of weeks. As it has been present for a while, I don't think a week or two will make a difference! And since I am already on opdivo the treatment probably wouldn't change anyway.

Thanks,

Ted

Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics