The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Still fighting! Update on my hubs LMD

Forums General Melanoma Community Still fighting! Update on my hubs LMD

Participant

As some of you may remember, my husband was diagnosed with leptomeningeal disease in early Feb.  After only being given an option of WBR at Emory in ATL, we headed for MDA.  Just wanted to update to say that he has completed the induction period of intrathecal Il2 under Dr. Pappa's care.

He also has disease in body and brain mets so this is an uphill battle all the way, but he is a fighter with a great PMA!  Day before yesterday he had some speech problems, and they did an MRI a few days ahead of schedule.  Brain met near speech center has gotten a little bigger (but he hasn't received any tx for this yet other than starting dabrafenib yesterday.  MRI showed LMD pretty much unchanged which is GOOD!

He will now receive IT iL2 weekly.  Hopefully dabrafenib will help brain & body.  We will get evaluation this week with updated plan, and and still hoping for TILs therapy!

if anyone is interested in how his IL2 treatment went, I will be happy to share.  It was rough on him as far as toxicity goes with confusion and delusions but otherwise well tolerated.

wishing you all the best!

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant

Thanks for the update.  Good luck at MDA!

BrianP
          Participant

BrianP
            Participant

POW
              Participant

Joy, thank you very  much for posting an update on your husband. I have been thinking about him and hoping that he would qualify for the intrathecal IL2 treatment. The fact that his LM disease is stable is great news! I will pray that he continues to respond and that the dabrafenib knocks out the remaining mets.

Good luck and keep up the PMA!

NYKaren
                  Participant

Thanks, Joy.  I've been wondering how he's been doing. Good luck. 

Karen

NYKaren
                    Participant

Karen

NYKaren
                      Participant

Karen

POW
                      Participant

Joy, thank you very  much for posting an update on your husband. I have been thinking about him and hoping that he would qualify for the intrathecal IL2 treatment. The fact that his LM disease is stable is great news! I will pray that he continues to respond and that the dabrafenib knocks out the remaining mets.

POW
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics