The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Starting new trial MSB0010445 + Stereotactic body radiation

Forums General Melanoma Community Starting new trial MSB0010445 + Stereotactic body radiation

Participant

My husband diagnosed stage 4 July 2012, started zelboraf with great results for about 11 months.  We were on board to start PD1 trial and he developed brain mets so we started ipi instead.  Just finished last infusion December 2013.  He didn't seem to respond well… or not yet.  We have looked everywhere for PD1 trial but everything seems to be closed or he doesn't qualify because of ipi.  

Dr. Hamid at the Angeles Clinic in Los Angeles has been awesome!  He found this trial for us and my husband should be starting no later than Febuary 10th.  Study drug MSB0010445 + up to three areas of radiation as well.  The study drug is" an immunocytokine consisting of a genetically modified , human monoclonal antibody fused to a genetically modified interleukin-2 (iL-2)"   

We haven't heard much about it but as you all know as options dwindle you take the best option presented. We seem to think the PD1 is going to be "the" drug of the century and we pray it is and we can get on it before it's too late.  

If anybody hears or decides to be part of this trial please stay in touch on here so we can compare stories..  

I love this site for how active everyone is with writing and sharing their story.  Thank you!

Holly

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        POW
        Participant

From reading The Angeles Clilnic web site, it appears to me that your husband will be getting denileukin diftitox (trade name Ontak). This drug has been FDA approved for T-cell lymphoma and is now being studied in other types of cancer. 

It sounds like a promising approach for your husband, especially combined with radiation treatments. Good luck to you and keep us posted about how things go. 

POW
          Participant

From reading The Angeles Clilnic web site, it appears to me that your husband will be getting denileukin diftitox (trade name Ontak). This drug has been FDA approved for T-cell lymphoma and is now being studied in other types of cancer. 

It sounds like a promising approach for your husband, especially combined with radiation treatments. Good luck to you and keep us posted about how things go. 

killmel
              Participant

Hi Holly,

Is this the cllinical trial that you husband will participate in. It wouls be helpful to confirm that this is the trial so that other will be able to give you feedback on the trial.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01973608

I am a liitle confused. The only location listed is :

United States, Massachusetts
                Please Contact U.S. Medical Information Located in Recruiting
                Rockland, Massachusetts, United States

Contact    888-275-7376  

Will you husband be treated in Masssachusetts or at The Angeles Clinic??

Good luck & please keep us posted.

GG

dhrahn
                Participant

Yes, this is the trial.  We have already signed the consent and I have a copy of it right in front of me.  I'm learing that the websites are not always up to date… I found that with the PD 1 trials..  So many said they were sitll open or recruiting until you called facilitly.

We are being treated by Dr. Hamid at the Angeles Clinic.

dhrahn
                  Participant

Yes, this is the trial.  We have already signed the consent and I have a copy of it right in front of me.  I'm learing that the websites are not always up to date… I found that with the PD 1 trials..  So many said they were sitll open or recruiting until you called facilitly.

dhrahn
                    Participant

killmel
                      Participant

Hi Holly,

Is this the cllinical trial that you husband will participate in. It wouls be helpful to confirm that this is the trial so that other will be able to give you feedback on the trial.

Contact    888-275-7376  

GG

killmel
                        Participant

Hi Holly,

Contact    888-275-7376  

GG

Brent Morris
                          Participant

I cannot find this trial with this drug and stereotactic radiation at the Angeles clinic. There is one in Boston. The trial at Angeles Clinic with ONTAK is closed. Perhaps you should ask Dr. Hamid the specifics of the trial including the drug, how it is thought to work  and where the trial is located. Best Wishes

dhrahn
                            Participant

Online the trial says it it only in Boston.  We are signed up and looking to start at The Angeles Clinic with Dr. Hamid no later than Febuary 10th.  A little frustrating sometimes that the websites are not current…

dhrahn
                              Participant

Online the trial says it it only in Boston.  We are signed up and looking to start at The Angeles Clinic with Dr. Hamid no later than Febuary 10th.  A little frustrating sometimes that the websites are not current…

JerryfromFauq
                                Participant
                                  3608 never mention IL-2? So is this the trial? There are several new trials being developed that attempt to enhance the performance of IL-2 (historically the mos effective Melanoma treatment of the past) and to determine who will get the best results from them. This trial sounds interesting and is starting soon. PD-1 will not be the treatment of the century, probably not even of the decade, though currently the best sounding treatment in trials. (I have high hopes for this decade!)
                                  IPI and Radiation have had some interesting results in early trials together, fair chance that IL-2 and radiation will work along the same progress and IL-2 historically has had a quicker response than Ipi (Yervoy). While IL-2 often is rougher in the actual week of administration, it’s side effects tend to be less severe in the long run. Sounds like a viable way to go.
                                  JerryfromFauq
                                  Participant
                                    3608 never mention IL-2? So is this the trial? There are several new trials being developed that attempt to enhance the performance of IL-2 (historically the mos effective Melanoma treatment of the past) and to determine who will get the best results from them. This trial sounds interesting and is starting soon. PD-1 will not be the treatment of the century, probably not even of the decade, though currently the best sounding treatment in trials. (I have high hopes for this decade!)
                                    IPI and Radiation have had some interesting results in early trials together, fair chance that IL-2 and radiation will work along the same progress and IL-2 historically has had a quicker response than Ipi (Yervoy). While IL-2 often is rougher in the actual week of administration, it’s side effects tend to be less severe in the long run. Sounds like a viable way to go.
                                    JerryfromFauq
                                    Participant
                                      dhrahn
                                      Participant

Brent Morris
                                        Participant

I cannot find this trial with this drug and stereotactic radiation at the Angeles clinic. There is one in Boston. The trial at Angeles Clinic with ONTAK is closed. Perhaps you should ask Dr. Hamid the specifics of the trial including the drug, how it is thought to work  and where the trial is located. Best Wishes

Brent Morris
                                          Participant

POW
                                          Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics