The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage IV – 5 1/2 years NED

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage IV – 5 1/2 years NED

Participant

My husband had scans this week. 7 years Stage IV, 5 1/2 years NED. We found out he had Stage III melanoma when our two boys were 3  and 1 years old. Then a year later it was found in his lungs and intestine.  It has not been an easy road but hopefully sending this note will give others hope.

This has been the best Christmas news for us, no gift could compare. I don't visit this site as much as I used to but the people and this site helped us so much when my husband was first diagnosed.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Holiday!

Rebecca

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        yazziemac
        Participant

Thanks, Rebecca, for this hopeful message.  My Stage 4 husband, Pete, just had a craniotomy and gamma knife radiation in the past 6 weeks, after we learned of his brain tumour.  I vascillate between hoping for the best and expecting the worst-it's very exhausting!  Merry Christmas to you and your family  🙂

yazziemac
          Participant

Thanks, Rebecca, for this hopeful message.  My Stage 4 husband, Pete, just had a craniotomy and gamma knife radiation in the past 6 weeks, after we learned of his brain tumour.  I vascillate between hoping for the best and expecting the worst-it's very exhausting!  Merry Christmas to you and your family  🙂

yazziemac
            Participant

JoshF
              Participant

Hi Rebecca-

been a while!!! Great news on Bob!! Always glad to hear someone doing well after 5 1/2 years!! Have a great holiday!!!!

Josh

Rebecca and Bob
                  Participant

Hi Josh,

I've heard your doing well after IL-2. I hope you continue only hearing good news Have a wonderful holiday with your family!

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                    Participant

Hi Josh,

I've heard your doing well after IL-2. I hope you continue only hearing good news Have a wonderful holiday with your family!

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                      Participant

Hi Josh,

Rebecca

JoshF
                      Participant

Hi Rebecca-

been a while!!! Great news on Bob!! Always glad to hear someone doing well after 5 1/2 years!! Have a great holiday!!!!

Josh

JoshF
                        Participant

Hi Rebecca-

Josh

DZnDef
                          Participant

Such wonderful news to share!  Congratulations Rebecca and Bob on your continued good health!  And thank you so much, Rebecca, for thinking of all of us here continuing the battle.  Your story brings hope to us all.

Cheers

DZnDef
                            Participant

Such wonderful news to share!  Congratulations Rebecca and Bob on your continued good health!  And thank you so much, Rebecca, for thinking of all of us here continuing the battle.  Your story brings hope to us all.

Cheers

DZnDef
                              Participant

Cheers

sweetaugust
                                Participant

Always so great to hear the stories of people living years with this diagnosis.  It is indeed a very Merry Christmas for you and your family.  Much health and happiness in the New Year!  Laurie

sweetaugust
                                  Participant

Always so great to hear the stories of people living years with this diagnosis.  It is indeed a very Merry Christmas for you and your family.  Much health and happiness in the New Year!  Laurie

sweetaugust
                                    Participant

triciad
                                      Participant

So happy to hear this wonderful news.  I remember your journey and find your news so uplifting.  Have a blessed holiday…I think you already got your present!

Many prayers for continued good health.

Tricia

triciad
                                        Participant

So happy to hear this wonderful news.  I remember your journey and find your news so uplifting.  Have a blessed holiday…I think you already got your present!

Tricia

triciad
                                          Participant

Tricia

Tracey R62
                                            Participant

As a newly dx patient with a subungual melanoma under my toenail and metastatic melanoma in 2 groin lymph nodes, this makes me hopeful and a bit more calm.  Surgery is in january but i am still unsure if or which treatments.  Thank you for sharing his good news.  And a merry christmas/holiday to you.

Tracey R62
                                              Participant

As a newly dx patient with a subungual melanoma under my toenail and metastatic melanoma in 2 groin lymph nodes, this makes me hopeful and a bit more calm.  Surgery is in january but i am still unsure if or which treatments.  Thank you for sharing his good news.  And a merry christmas/holiday to you.

Tracey R62
                                                Participant

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics