The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage II and III melanoma study

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage II and III melanoma study

Inactive

Dear MPIP Community:

Cardinal Health is conducting a study in melanoma and they'd like to reach out to you for help. Please see the message below to see if you qualify and learn more about the research study:

Do you have Stage II or III melanoma? Was your melanoma surgically removed? Are you currently employed? We want to hear from you!

Cardinal Health is currently conducting a Melanoma Study.  The purpose of the study is to better understand the impact of melanoma on a patient’s work-life balance. They will collect information on how melanoma may affect your ability to work, your use of health care services such as doctor’s offices or the emergency room, and how you may feel on a day-to-day basis.

If you agree to participate, you will complete an online survey about the topics listed above. You will be asked to complete the same survey 5 times (once every 3 months). You will be notified by email 3 months following the prior survey and will have up to 7 days to complete each survey.  Each survey will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. You will receive $50 for each of the surveys you complete and then an additional $50 bonus once you complete the 5th and final survey.  In total, if you complete all 5 surveys you will be compensated $300 for your participation over the course of the project. 

Please click HERE see if you qualify.

Thank you for your consideration and Happy Holidays to you and your families,

Shelby – MRF

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant

Hi Shelby, the disclosure above fails to talk about the fact that Cardinal Health is being paid to do this study for some unknown pharmaceutical company. It also doesn't tell us that this is for comparision of patients that have taken either Interferon, peg interferon or ipilimumab. Now, I am sure that the goal of the study is probably a good one, the lack of disclosure  about the questionaire is questionable!!! 

ed williams
          Participant

Hi Shelby, the disclosure above fails to talk about the fact that Cardinal Health is being paid to do this study for some unknown pharmaceutical company. It also doesn't tell us that this is for comparision of patients that have taken either Interferon, peg interferon or ipilimumab. Now, I am sure that the goal of the study is probably a good one, the lack of disclosure  about the questionaire is questionable!!! 

jsnew
              Participant

My husband just tried to participate in the study but after he finished the questionnaire, it said that a check would be mailed upon completion of the five surveys. It did not ask for his name or address or email. This seems suspicious.

Anonymous
                Inactive

Hi jsnew,

I have passed your feedback along to Cardinal Health and will email you when I get a response. I appreciate your feedback. 

As a bit of background on study and interview participation opportunities, a few years ago we offered the MPIP community two options: 1) we allow the organizations to post opportunities themselves, leaving the MRF out of it, or 2) only the MRF will post opportunities that we have already spoken to the research organizations about and vetted ourselves. The MPIP community voted unanimously that it would be better if these opportunities came from the MRF – that way patients and caregivers would know they are legitimate. 

I agree that the surveys should not appear to be questionable. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from our contacts at Cardinal Health. Thanks again!

Shelby – MRF

Anonymous
                  Inactive

Hi jsnew,

I have passed your feedback along to Cardinal Health and will email you when I get a response. I appreciate your feedback. 

As a bit of background on study and interview participation opportunities, a few years ago we offered the MPIP community two options: 1) we allow the organizations to post opportunities themselves, leaving the MRF out of it, or 2) only the MRF will post opportunities that we have already spoken to the research organizations about and vetted ourselves. The MPIP community voted unanimously that it would be better if these opportunities came from the MRF – that way patients and caregivers would know they are legitimate. 

I agree that the surveys should not appear to be questionable. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from our contacts at Cardinal Health. Thanks again!

Shelby – MRF

Anonymous
                    Inactive

Hi jsnew,

Shelby – MRF

jsnew
                      Participant

My husband just tried to participate in the study but after he finished the questionnaire, it said that a check would be mailed upon completion of the five surveys. It did not ask for his name or address or email. This seems suspicious.

jsnew
                        Participant

Anonymous
                          Inactive

Hi Ed,

I appreciate your note. I'll give them that feedback. I will say, however, that all of the study and interview opportunities that we post on MPIP are also funded by an unknown (unknown to us as well) pharmaceutical company, so this is not uncommon. Once I hear back from the folks at Cardinal Health, I'll let you know if they have any specific response to your feedback. 

Thanks again for your note and feedback.

Shelby – MRF

Anonymous
                            Inactive

Dear MPIP Community:

I have just received an update from our contacts at Cardinal Health. They are very apologetic for the confusion. There was a hiccup with the technology and users should have be directed to a page to input contact information. This issue has now been fixed and will not continue to happen. 

Unfortunately, there were 6 more respondents who filled in the survey and were not able to provide their contact information for the payment. If you filled out the survey and were not directed to input any contact info, please contact Cardinal Health directly at [email protected] so that they may collect your contact information and mail out your payment. 

I apologize for the inconvenience and as always, we truly appreciate your willingness to share information and participate in research opportunities. 

Please contact me directly at [email protected] if you have additional questions or concerns. 

Best,

Shelby – MRF

Anonymous
                              Inactive

Dear MPIP Community:

I have just received an update from our contacts at Cardinal Health. They are very apologetic for the confusion. There was a hiccup with the technology and users should have be directed to a page to input contact information. This issue has now been fixed and will not continue to happen. 

Unfortunately, there were 6 more respondents who filled in the survey and were not able to provide their contact information for the payment. If you filled out the survey and were not directed to input any contact info, please contact Cardinal Health directly at [email protected] so that they may collect your contact information and mail out your payment. 

I apologize for the inconvenience and as always, we truly appreciate your willingness to share information and participate in research opportunities. 

Please contact me directly at [email protected] if you have additional questions or concerns. 

Best,

Shelby – MRF

Anonymous
                                Inactive

Dear MPIP Community:

Best,

Shelby – MRF

Joycem
                                  Participant

FYI I did receive check several weeks after completing 1st survey.

Joycem
                                    Participant

Joycem
                                      Participant

Anonymous
                                        Inactive

Hi Ed,

I appreciate your note. I'll give them that feedback. I will say, however, that all of the study and interview opportunities that we post on MPIP are also funded by an unknown (unknown to us as well) pharmaceutical company, so this is not uncommon. Once I hear back from the folks at Cardinal Health, I'll let you know if they have any specific response to your feedback. 

Shelby – MRF

Anonymous
                                          Inactive

Hi Ed,

Shelby – MRF

ed williams
                                          Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics