The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage Ib. T2a with initial biopsy

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage Ib. T2a with initial biopsy

Participant

After reading my path report a bit more, the initial stage is set at Ib, T2a with no info yet on N or M.  Therefore, there is a good chance that the melanoma did not spread, right?   I go to mayo clinic next week for consult on 24th and surgery on 26th.  I do have a few more suspicous moles they will need to look at though, but the more I read about stage I the better I feel.  My path report does mention occasional mitosis, so not sure what that means. I am also at Breslow depth 1.5mm and clarks 4. thanks.

After reading my path report a bit more, the initial stage is set at Ib, T2a with no info yet on N or M.  Therefore, there is a good chance that the melanoma did not spread, right?   I go to mayo clinic next week for consult on 24th and surgery on 26th.  I do have a few more suspicous moles they will need to look at though, but the more I read about stage I the better I feel.  My path report does mention occasional mitosis, so not sure what that means. I am also at Breslow depth 1.5mm and clarks 4. thanks.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        kellie1979
        Participant

Just based on the little bit I know, that is pretty good news.  I saw my Hematologist/Oncologist on Friday, because I have been battling Anemia for a while now.  I took him a copy of my path report and he said that a low rate of mitosis is good, that means it is not spreading fast.  He did say that it is typically recommended to have a SNB for clarks level 4, i think over 1mm, signs of ulceration, so they may recommend that you have that done.  I had more moles biopsied this last tuesday…so waiting for those results.  I am having my surgery on the 30th since they are waiting for those biopsies.  Well that is about the extent of my knowledge on the subject 🙂  As two doctors have told me this week…..make sure you get checked every 3 months.  Good luck to you on your surgery.  My mom went to the mayo clinic in Rochester to have an esophogeal tumor removed…they are absolutely amazing!!

Kellie

so far Stage 1a

kellie1979
          Participant

Just based on the little bit I know, that is pretty good news.  I saw my Hematologist/Oncologist on Friday, because I have been battling Anemia for a while now.  I took him a copy of my path report and he said that a low rate of mitosis is good, that means it is not spreading fast.  He did say that it is typically recommended to have a SNB for clarks level 4, i think over 1mm, signs of ulceration, so they may recommend that you have that done.  I had more moles biopsied this last tuesday…so waiting for those results.  I am having my surgery on the 30th since they are waiting for those biopsies.  Well that is about the extent of my knowledge on the subject 🙂  As two doctors have told me this week…..make sure you get checked every 3 months.  Good luck to you on your surgery.  My mom went to the mayo clinic in Rochester to have an esophogeal tumor removed…they are absolutely amazing!!

Kellie

so far Stage 1a

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics