The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage 5????????

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage 5????????

Participant

I have been posting for over a year now. I apologize to all of you. Jerry emailed me to let me know that the stages only go to four. The doctor that diagnosed Lynn with cancer told us it was stage 5 so I took him at his word. I've never asked our melanoma team what stage it is cause I knew it was bad.

Lynn had 7 brain Mets the first time. Later he had 6 more. He has a met on his kidney and inside chest cavity. He has had tumors pop up all his body. A lot of them disappeared with his Zelobraf. 

I have been posting for over a year now. I apologize to all of you. Jerry emailed me to let me know that the stages only go to four. The doctor that diagnosed Lynn with cancer told us it was stage 5 so I took him at his word. I've never asked our melanoma team what stage it is cause I knew it was bad.

Lynn had 7 brain Mets the first time. Later he had 6 more. He has a met on his kidney and inside chest cavity. He has had tumors pop up all his body. A lot of them disappeared with his Zelobraf. 

I apologize for saying something that wasn't so. This board has been very educational and helpful. I've seen a lot of stage 4 post and thought if there's is that bad my husband's must be worse. Know I think if they can do this could at stage 4 . We can to.

My husband leg has jumped up from 223 to over 300 so I'm feeling Zelobraf is coming to an end although he has no symptoms showing.  What ever stage it is its a fight. 

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Swanee
        Participant

Dear Bikerwife,

I've wondered myself about stage V , but who cares!  Honestly, so many posters have shared their experiences,  which I feel must be stage V, VI or beyond, because it is way worse than I have experienced!!   If you're stage IV,  it is a frightening prognosis!  And honestly, I am stage IV but my situation can't compare to so many others who are in a more trying and difficult situation and have a worse prognosis than me.  Don't worry, we're all here to love and support each other and offer helpful information and also challenge information we read….. it's all O.K., we're all in this together…. Hakuna Matata!….. means no worries!   

You are an important person on this board and we've all read your posts and felt your stress as the caregiver.  You are doing an amazing job and your dear husband Lynn, whether he thanks you or not, feels deep down inside, you are his rock and his support and without you,  he could not face the battle he is in.  And you are so right Bikerwife ……whatever stage it is… it's a fight!   So stay strong and don't stop believing!        Take care & God Bless! 

Swanee

Swanee
          Participant

Dear Bikerwife,

I've wondered myself about stage V , but who cares!  Honestly, so many posters have shared their experiences,  which I feel must be stage V, VI or beyond, because it is way worse than I have experienced!!   If you're stage IV,  it is a frightening prognosis!  And honestly, I am stage IV but my situation can't compare to so many others who are in a more trying and difficult situation and have a worse prognosis than me.  Don't worry, we're all here to love and support each other and offer helpful information and also challenge information we read….. it's all O.K., we're all in this together…. Hakuna Matata!….. means no worries!   

You are an important person on this board and we've all read your posts and felt your stress as the caregiver.  You are doing an amazing job and your dear husband Lynn, whether he thanks you or not, feels deep down inside, you are his rock and his support and without you,  he could not face the battle he is in.  And you are so right Bikerwife ……whatever stage it is… it's a fight!   So stay strong and don't stop believing!        Take care & God Bless! 

Swanee

Swanee
            Participant

Dear Bikerwife,

Swanee

POW
              Participant

No big deal. I assumed you meant Stage IV. With so much new and complex terminology associated with melanoma, I'm surprised that any of us get any of the words right! Just keep fighting and keep posting!

NYKaren
                  Participant
                    Ditto from me. I can’t keep track of all the initials, drug names, etc. half the time anyway. I’m glad you’re hanging around with us.
                    Karen
                    NYKaren
                    Participant
                      Ditto from me. I can’t keep track of all the initials, drug names, etc. half the time anyway. I’m glad you’re hanging around with us.
                      Karen
                      NYKaren
                      Participant
                        Karen
                      POW
                      Participant

No big deal. I assumed you meant Stage IV. With so much new and complex terminology associated with melanoma, I'm surprised that any of us get any of the words right! Just keep fighting and keep posting!

POW
                        Participant

Tina D
                          Participant

No apologoes needed … It can all be so daunting and confusing at times. We aren't here to be without error… just here to be here for each other and help and support however possible as we travel this road we did not choose. Hang in there and know that on here, you are among friends ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                            Participant

No apologoes needed … It can all be so daunting and confusing at times. We aren't here to be without error… just here to be here for each other and help and support however possible as we travel this road we did not choose. Hang in there and know that on here, you are among friends ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                              Participant

Tina

Tina D
                                  Participant

ooops *apologies… not apologoes,haha!

Tina D
                                    Participant

Tina D
                                      Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                      Participant

No apoligies needed, we're all here just to help.  I often email people when I am not sure about what they have posted, rather than to publically question them.  Do like to make sure that one has correct info.   I do not mean to be rude nor belittle anyone (except if a Doctor gives out improper info, then I wonder about the Dr. and if I understood them correctly). 

Fully agree that it is a fight regardless of the stage.  (Is very frightful regardless of the stage – never met a stage one person that wasn't scared of this monster.) 

(PS – no problem with your repost either.)

We're all pulling for both of y'all!

JerryfromFauq
                                        Participant

No apoligies needed, we're all here just to help.  I often email people when I am not sure about what they have posted, rather than to publically question them.  Do like to make sure that one has correct info.   I do not mean to be rude nor belittle anyone (except if a Doctor gives out improper info, then I wonder about the Dr. and if I understood them correctly). 

Fully agree that it is a fight regardless of the stage.  (Is very frightful regardless of the stage – never met a stage one person that wasn't scared of this monster.) 

JerryfromFauq
                                          Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics