The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage 1B melanoma after 5 years.

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Stage 1B melanoma after 5 years.

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by MMH.
    Participant
      Came here in April 2018 asking for help after discovering I had Stage 1b melanoma,

This is me

This forum was one of my main sources of knowledge on the issue.

Did not drop by for years, I just tried not to think too much about melanoma anymore, move on, I guess that’s why did not come back.

After 5 years, not any recurrence. I have had few scares such as swollen lymph nodes or a black spot in the bed nails which turn-out to be nothing.

Just wanted to drop by so whoever makes a search for “Spitzoid” melanoma or Stage 1B, will know that I am just fine.

Even writing this post has been somehow difficult.

Thanks to everybody in this forum, you really helped me a lot, my best wishes for all of you,

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        MMH
        Participant
          Hi Zap. This really helped me today. I am 5 years out on a spitzoid too but have an enlarged lymph node near the site and have been going in for periodic scans with one coming up soon. I am filled with anxiety and fear. Thanks for sharing your story with us. It helps to know there are others that understand. All the best to you.
      Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics