The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage 1a to liver infection with sepsis

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage 1a to liver infection with sepsis

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

Hi, have found much knowledge and inspiration from reading posts.  My husband was diagnosed with stage 1a three months ago had wide excision for .07 mm breslow, clear margins and being early stage life goes on.  Did consult with two well known Melanoma Surgeon/Oncologists who both stated they don’t usually take appointments with early stsge but were kind to see my husband for one appointment and suggested follow up’s with our experienced dermatologist for three month checks would be appropriate.  Just had his three month full skin screening, his excision checked, lymph nodes checked along with self checks and all was good.  Until today.  

Now he is in the emergency room with liver abscesses and sepsis. Came on fast wasn’t feeling great for a week, had a cold and was pushing through it as his Dad was in hospice before passing two days ago.  Cat Scan with dye came back as multiple small abscesses, they can’t drain them as they are small.  Liver function is normal.  I am worried his stsge 1a melanoma on upper shoulder has now metastasis to the liver.  I asked the ER Dr. if they could rule out tumors/Mets on the Cat Scan and he said not sure because the infection.  They are currently treating with IV antibiotics in hopes the infection will reduce.  Then take more scans to make sure infection is reducing.  

When my husband was first diagnosed with stage 1a you always wonder if you will be the unlucky 3-5%.  Scared but trying to stay strong.  Thank you for listening and hoping for some thoughts and insight.  

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics