The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stable results for a long period

Forums General Melanoma Community Stable results for a long period

Participant

Are there any members here who have been stable for a long period of time? For how long?  Would love to read some encouraging stories.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        marta010
        Participant

Hi – my husband has had relative stability for several years with a few blips along the road.  He was first diagnosed in 2012 and has had just about every treatment available.  He's been primarily on Dabrafenib the past 4+ years with stable results in his body.  The brain is another matter with a couple of gamma knife treated mets regrowing.  He's now on dabrafenib and Keytruda with still stable results and nothing new on the brain front.  Deals intermittently with treatment side effects but hasn't had any recurrence or progression to note.  We're hoping the Keytruda keeps things under control in his brain.  Best wishes for a happy Thanksgiving.

ann

Toby0987
          Participant

I started 3B in feb 2013-had surgery and that’s it-no other treatments and I haven’t had any other problems and my doc officially released me forever feb 2018-no more scans!

SOLE
              Participant

And your experience Toby is one story to REMEMBER! Congrats and please, stay NED ok?

As for me, I have crossed the 2 year NED mark August 22nd after initial diagnosis in July 2016. WLE and SLNB were performed early September 2016. So it is very far from being a long remission yet but Toby’s comment triggered my reply. For the record, I had a acral nodular melanoma underneath my right foot of all places, at least T3b; and after three reanalyses across the world of my lymph node biopsy, was judged last september to be more of a stage 2b finally. 

cancersnewnormal
              Participant

April 2013 I was stage IV with brain and lung metastasis. Still here, still clear. Stopped any active treatments July 2016 and am in "follow up" mode only. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics