The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

stable

Participant

I had my 14th PET scan on December 27.  This morning I met with my oncologist Dr Anu Gaba and received my 64th infusion of Opdivo.  A 1 centimeter tumor under my left jaw is stable after receiving radiation in May and June.

my PET scans:

August 14, 2014
      December 15, 2014

March 11, 2015
      August 10, 2015 ( melanoma in a rib )
      November 5, 2015

March 1, 2016 ( melanoma in ribs, spine, hips, femurs and right shoulder )
      August 23, 2016 ( significant improvement after 4 ipi + nivo treatments )
      December 12, 2016

March 20, 2017
      August 10, 2017
      December 18, 2017

April 17, 2018 ( cancer under my left jaw )
      September 5, 2018
      December 27, 2018 ( still cancer under my left jaw )

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        GeoTony
        Participant

Excellent news, interesting to hear that the radiation finallly stopped the mel in its tracks

Coragirl
          Participant

Stable is great news! Happy New Year Edwin.

Bubbles
            Participant

Congrats, Edwin.  Stable is good and hopefully it will continue to diminish!!  celeste

lkb
              Participant

Stable–congrats! How is running?

Edwin
                  Participant

This winter I run about 20 miles per week on an indoor track.   I received  480 mg of Opdivo yesterday morning and ran for 20 minutes ( about 2 miles ) this morning on that track.   An indoor track is ideal for running on the day after immunotherapy.  I can stop when I am tired and a restroom is beside the track.

lkb
                    Participant

I'm not a runner, but I do love walking/belly dance/lindy hop/yoga, and am encouraged by your update. Thanks, Edwin!

Lisa

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics