The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

spots on WLE scar

Forums General Melanoma Community spots on WLE scar

Participant

Hello !

I decided to post my question here ,because cannot find information somewhere else.

I had WLE 3 months ago and since that I had 3 spots on this scar. Scar healed very well without any infections or so.

But yesterday I descovered 2 small spots on the scar ,and I had one a month ago as well.

When I pressed on this spots it was white liqued ,like any usual spot.

I am very sorry about all this details ,but I am worring about this can be sing of local reaccurance of melanoma.

Hello !

I decided to post my question here ,because cannot find information somewhere else.

I had WLE 3 months ago and since that I had 3 spots on this scar. Scar healed very well without any infections or so.

But yesterday I descovered 2 small spots on the scar ,and I had one a month ago as well.

When I pressed on this spots it was white liqued ,like any usual spot.

I am very sorry about all this details ,but I am worring about this can be sing of local reaccurance of melanoma.

Did someone had the same?  Is it sign of reaccurance ?

My next follow up is on the end of July only and I worrying.

Thank you for understanding and support

Natasha

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

I'm not sure I understand your post.  When you press on the spots, they "blanch"?  Turn white?  Then the color returns when you let go?  If so, this is "vascular".  It means it is a blood vessel that is close to the surface.  You can get red moles call hemangiomas which are the same thing.  If this is pigment and doesn't change color when you press on it, I'd give your doctor a call and talk to him about the spots.

natasha
            Participant

Thanks ,Janner for yout repky!

Sorry about my poor explanation.

This spots are exactly the same as spots on teenager's face – then I press on them everything does out (like white mass) and spot dessapeared.

They are not red/brown or any color,they are like little lamps which dessapear after some time.

natasha
              Participant

This spots are exactly the same as spots on teenager's face – then I press on them everything does out (like white mass) and spot dessapeared.

They are not red/brown or any color,they are like little lamps which dessapear after some time.

natasha
                Participant

Janner
                Participant

I'm not sure I understand your post.  When you press on the spots, they "blanch"?  Turn white?  Then the color returns when you let go?  If so, this is "vascular".  It means it is a blood vessel that is close to the surface.  You can get red moles call hemangiomas which are the same thing.  If this is pigment and doesn't change color when you press on it, I'd give your doctor a call and talk to him about the spots.

Janner
                  Participant

JC
                    Participant

I know how you feel about worrying about recur.  I had my WLE last year and I was worried about every little new color, etc..that appeared on the scar.  I think scars go through a lot of changes over time, but anything you're concerned about have checked for peace of mind.  I actually ended up seeing a darker color on the scar once a few months out and I had it biopsied by my derm, turned out to be a ruptured hair follicle, but at least it gave me peace of mind.  Good luck.

JC
                      Participant

I know how you feel about worrying about recur.  I had my WLE last year and I was worried about every little new color, etc..that appeared on the scar.  I think scars go through a lot of changes over time, but anything you're concerned about have checked for peace of mind.  I actually ended up seeing a darker color on the scar once a few months out and I had it biopsied by my derm, turned out to be a ruptured hair follicle, but at least it gave me peace of mind.  Good luck.

JC
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics