The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Spitz Nevus-seeking advice

Forums General Melanoma Community Spitz Nevus-seeking advice

Participant
      Dear All,

I have found this forum as I am seeking advice regarding my histopathology results and I've decided to post a new topic since I believe that I will find people here who will be able to advise me. I will be genuinely grateful to anyone who would like to read it or assist.  If there are any doctors  who would like to share their opinion I would be indebted too.

I am 26 year-old white man ( from Europe) who has blond hair, blue eyes and plenty of moles ( more then 50) on my entire body.
      But my story starts now: I had a mole excised.  The mole was localized on  the fifth toe of the right foot.
      I received a recommendation to have it removed from my dermatologist which I followed.
      I can't remeber for how long this mole was present on my toe, however, I noticed it around 1,5-2 years ago, but I did not consult it with any doctor that time. The mole never hurt or bleeded.  
      Now I received the results of histopathology which is: "Naevus Spitzi compositus pigmentosus ( Excisio completa)".

I am worried since I have read about the cases where melanoma was erroneously recognized as a Spitz Nevus.  It happened due to the the fact that Spitz Nevus and melanoma show a very close resemblance to each other and are challenging to be differentiated.
      Therefore, I am seeking further advise how to proceed with that.  I would like to ensure myself that my mole was a Spitz Nevus instead of melanoma  in order to reduce the likelihood of incorrect diagnosis. I have found out that sometimes FISH tests are carried out to examine such sample more extensively.
      I also attach the videodermatoscopy image of this mole that I had done before it was removed.

Is here anyone who has some experience with Spitz Nevus and would like to share it or advise? .

My private e-mail is [email protected] if anyone would like to contact me directly.
      Thank you in advance for all your feedback and your time.
      Paweł
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        m355
        Participant

would you consider have the pathology slides sent to another dermapathologist for a consult? I do it all the time!

m355
          Participant

would you consider have the pathology slides sent to another dermapathologist for a consult? I do it all the time!

m355
            Participant

Tamlin
              Participant

Maybe request a second opinion? It won't hurt to put your mind at rest 

Tamlin
                Participant

Tamlin
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics