The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Someone to follow

Forums General Melanoma Community Someone to follow

Participant

Some people might remember me some not the site is so boring now.  I am or was stage four (but after 5 years no telling what the doc think now).  

This spring I had surgery to remove a new lump in my lung that turned out to be benign (so I missed the bullet again) and after recovery from that.  I decided to go for another long bike ride.  This time down the Mississippi River.

If anyone wants to follow the blog is:

Oldmuddybikeride.blogspot.com

Hope you all play nice and try to find some way to have fun here.

Some people might remember me some not the site is so boring now.  I am or was stage four (but after 5 years no telling what the doc think now).  

This spring I had surgery to remove a new lump in my lung that turned out to be benign (so I missed the bullet again) and after recovery from that.  I decided to go for another long bike ride.  This time down the Mississippi River.

If anyone wants to follow the blog is:

Oldmuddybikeride.blogspot.com

Hope you all play nice and try to find some way to have fun here.

We need the old days back with the afghan wars or just some bad poems anything to liven life up. Obama topics just do not seem to fire up the political fire fights that used happen here.  Even the dumb stuff in FL and NY do not seem to stir the pot as much they used to. Maybe we are all just getting old.  

Maybe when I get back thing will move along.

Allan

PS Hope you like married life Cyn

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        KyCyn
        Participant

Nice to see your name after so long!  And glad to see you're still dodging bullets ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the link to the blog, I'm going to check it out.

(Maybe we can talk Rox into giving us a bad poem or two!)

Cyn

PS – Married life is grand ๐Ÿ™‚

TinaR
            Participant

Well, I never. Okay, maybe not NEVER, but  I'm fairly certain that I've not shared bad poems here…( again, remember -I have a terrible memory). Proof positive is the following ditty by Kenneth Koch that  I happen to enjoy and believe to be true….

YOU WANT A SOCIAL LIFE, WITH FRIENDS.

You want a social life, with friends,

A passionate love life as well

To work hard every day. What's true

Is of these three you may have two

And two can pay you dividends

But never may you have three

There isn't time enough, my friends—

Though dawn begins, yet midnight ends–

To find the time to have love, work, and friends.

Michelangelo had feeling

For Vittoria and Ceiling

But did he go to parties at day's end?

Homer nightly went to banquets

Wrote all day but had no lockets

Bright with pictures of his Girl.

I know one who loves and parties

And has done so since his thirties

But writes hardly anything at all.

There. My contribution.

dian in spokane
              Participant

I used to post bad poems now and then..under a pseudonym. I've never been the type to post anonymously, but once in a while I used to use some Beat Poet's name to drop some really bad poetry here and there….

no time now..dentistry awaits…

Fountainhead
                Participant

I used to post bad song lyrics anonymously, usually ditties fawning over BW. I posted "Our Bad Bored Watcher" as Warren Zevon, and "She's Always Bored Watcher to Me" as Billy Joel.  At least a couple more, though alcohol has impeded my ability to recall them.

-Fountainhead

Fountainhead
                  Participant

I used to post bad song lyrics anonymously, usually ditties fawning over BW. I posted "Our Bad Bored Watcher" as Warren Zevon, and "She's Always Bored Watcher to Me" as Billy Joel.  At least a couple more, though alcohol has impeded my ability to recall them.

-Fountainhead

TinaR
                    Participant

Your Valentine contribution of 2008 was my very favorite…

TinaR
                      Participant

Your Valentine contribution of 2008 was my very favorite…

dian in spokane
                        Participant

I used to post bad poems now and then..under a pseudonym. I've never been the type to post anonymously, but once in a while I used to use some Beat Poet's name to drop some really bad poetry here and there….

no time now..dentistry awaits…

TinaR
                          Participant

Well, I never. Okay, maybe not NEVER, but  I'm fairly certain that I've not shared bad poems here…( again, remember -I have a terrible memory). Proof positive is the following ditty by Kenneth Koch that  I happen to enjoy and believe to be true….

YOU WANT A SOCIAL LIFE, WITH FRIENDS.

You want a social life, with friends,

A passionate love life as well

To work hard every day. What's true

Is of these three you may have two

And two can pay you dividends

But never may you have three

There isn't time enough, my friends—

Though dawn begins, yet midnight ends–

To find the time to have love, work, and friends.

Michelangelo had feeling

For Vittoria and Ceiling

But did he go to parties at day's end?

Homer nightly went to banquets

Wrote all day but had no lockets

Bright with pictures of his Girl.

I know one who loves and parties

And has done so since his thirties

But writes hardly anything at all.

There. My contribution.

KyCyn
                          Participant

Nice to see your name after so long!  And glad to see you're still dodging bullets ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the link to the blog, I'm going to check it out.

(Maybe we can talk Rox into giving us a bad poem or two!)

Cyn

PS – Married life is grand ๐Ÿ™‚

BillMFl
                            Participant

I used to post poems from time to time. My very own originals of course. They were grand. At least I thought so. And thats all that really matters Stuff about rocks, waves and gulls. Really interesting. . That was back when I was waxing. Now I'm kinda waning. 10 years will do that to ya. As for riding a bike, I recently gave ours away. Here in Maine it seems one is always peddling up hill. Never down. I hate riding a bike now.

BillMFl
                              Participant

I used to post poems from time to time. My very own originals of course. They were grand. At least I thought so. And thats all that really matters Stuff about rocks, waves and gulls. Really interesting. . That was back when I was waxing. Now I'm kinda waning. 10 years will do that to ya. As for riding a bike, I recently gave ours away. Here in Maine it seems one is always peddling up hill. Never down. I hate riding a bike now.

Viewing 3 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics