The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Soft Pea Sized Bump

Forums General Melanoma Community Soft Pea Sized Bump

Participant

Ok…I can't take it anymore. I noticed a small soft bump on the back of my head.I noticed it a few weeks ago and it hasn't grown.  It's near the top of my head and I can only feel it when I run my finger in one direction. Otherwise you'd never know it was there. It's very soft and moves but of course gets the anxiety level up. Most people I ask think I'm crazy, then again they have never experienced melanoma.

Ok…I can't take it anymore. I noticed a small soft bump on the back of my head.I noticed it a few weeks ago and it hasn't grown.  It's near the top of my head and I can only feel it when I run my finger in one direction. Otherwise you'd never know it was there. It's very soft and moves but of course gets the anxiety level up. Most people I ask think I'm crazy, then again they have never experienced melanoma. I have a derm appt in 2 weeks but wondering if anyone has ever experienced something similar. Wouldn't a melanoma tumor be hard and not move so easy? 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        o2bcheri
        Participant

HI..

that sound like a sebacious cyst…

i have had about 10 of them in my life.. and they are rather soft.. and movable..

they are connected by a little umbilical type cord to the muscle which is why they move… 

i do not have melanoma.. but from what i have learned cancers do not move.. 

hope this helps you feel a little less anxious..

xxx 

o2bcheri
          Participant

HI..

i have had about 10 of them in my life.. and they are rather soft.. and movable..

they are connected by a little umbilical type cord to the muscle which is why they move… 

xxx 

o2bcheri
            Participant

HI..

xxx 

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics