The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

So nervous and anxious!

Forums General Melanoma Community So nervous and anxious!

Participant

Hello my friends:

Just doing a little writing therapy here.  Today I went for a PET/CT scan and will get the results Friday morning from my doctor.  When, and if all is well, I will officially be 5 years NED from Stage 3C.  The problem is that today after the scan was done, they re-scanned my head and neck so my heart is raising.  I asked the technician afterwards and he said he was sorry to make me upset but they supposedly had to redo the CT and PET of the head because he said I must have moved and the images weren’t lining up.  He claims that is all but I am so nervous!!!  Anyone have a similar situation?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mark_DC
        Participant

I have not had this experience, but I can tell you that at the end of my last MRI I asked the technician what would have happened if i had moved, and he said they would have to redo some of the scans. Fortunately i had zoned out and had kept completely still even though it was a long session. The technicians were impressed by my abilitiy to do this! 🙂

I know this is not a CT/PET scan, and like you i do try to read the minds of the technicians (not a good idea!) but what you were told is completely plausible for MRI so i think could be the same for CT/PET

Hope this helps

mark

Abbygx2589
          Participant

When my dad needed more imaging, the doctor met with him and told him that he needs to do more imaging to get a better picture. I think it is very possible that the technician just needed to get better images.

Hoping for the best for you!

Abbygx2589
            Participant

When my dad needed more imaging, the doctor met with him and told him that he needs to do more imaging to get a better picture. I think it is very possible that the technician just needed to get better images.

Hoping for the best for you!

jennunicorn
              Participant

I had to re-do part of a PET/CT one time right after it was done because of the same thing. Happens more often than you think and I would not read more into it than just needing to make sure the images were good. Sending positive vibes your way.

Lucas
                Participant

This happened once to me. After thinking I was done, they said I moved and needed to be scanned for about 15 more minutes. I swear I didn’t move! Everything was ok. 

aquamak
                  Participant

Hello All:

PET/CT scans were good!  One small lymph node in neck that will be evaluted again in 3 months that is most likely reactive due to the allergy and sinus issues I've been having.  My doctor is not concerned but wants a "clean" report but she has agreed 5 years NED!

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics