The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Snakes

Participant

Some of you may remember that snakes have a habit of getting into my pool cage (and sometimes the house!).  This was my visitor today. A small guy, but not welcome anyway. I was able to get it mostly out by hosing it out, but then it didn't want to leave. Luckily one of the yardmen was nearby, and picked it up before taking it out to a more wooded area to let it go.

I don't know what kind it is, except to say that it wasn't a black snake. Possibly a baby rat snake. Hope I'm able to post this picture.

Some of you may remember that snakes have a habit of getting into my pool cage (and sometimes the house!).  This was my visitor today. A small guy, but not welcome anyway. I was able to get it mostly out by hosing it out, but then it didn't want to leave. Luckily one of the yardmen was nearby, and picked it up before taking it out to a more wooded area to let it go.

I don't know what kind it is, except to say that it wasn't a black snake. Possibly a baby rat snake. Hope I'm able to post this picture.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bonnie Lea
        Participant

OH OH OH OH OH   to know you have yardmen and brave one at that!!!  and for us up here to know that at least down where ever you hail from life is around.  (still snow up here)  I get all woozy when I see geese flying.  (usually in the wrong direction)  what to think of Canadian geese though.

But a snake….even a baby snake, means his momma had babies….tons of them….means somewhere it is spring!!!  yeah I don't have to wait to see the first Robin now.  thankyou for making my day.

And thankyou for having a yard man who picked it up.  I hope he was gentle and put it not too far away from it's dear momma and its tons  TONS of siblings.  He was just familiarizing himself with where the 'cement beach' was for the summer time swim-a-thon that he and his bro's and sis were planning for their family reunion Picnic.

thankyou

LV
            Participant

Oh, Please no reminders about how many more snakes there are, just waiting to come in for a visit! I'd have to say that I thought the yardman was more foolhardy than brave, but that could have just been my impression based on his overall look and lack of teeth, lol. He did come to my rescue, so I shouldn't say anything.

Yes, it is definitely spring here in sunny Florida, nearly summer temps. In the 80s during the day, but luckily still getting to the high 50s and low 60s at night. It's even too late to put seeds out in my garden, so the tomato and pepper plants will have to do for now.

NicOz
              Participant

Oh! Thank god it's a "yardman" (biting tongue so as not to ask how many inches in a yard- I know what you're like!)… I was going to tell you that you were in dire need of a manicure and needed to stay out of the garden ๐Ÿ˜€

LV
                Participant

I measure them by the size of their bravado. ๐Ÿ™‚

LV
                  Participant

I measure them by the size of their bravado. ๐Ÿ™‚

NicOz
                    Participant

Oh! Thank god it's a "yardman" (biting tongue so as not to ask how many inches in a yard- I know what you're like!)… I was going to tell you that you were in dire need of a manicure and needed to stay out of the garden ๐Ÿ˜€

LV
                      Participant

Oh, Please no reminders about how many more snakes there are, just waiting to come in for a visit! I'd have to say that I thought the yardman was more foolhardy than brave, but that could have just been my impression based on his overall look and lack of teeth, lol. He did come to my rescue, so I shouldn't say anything.

Yes, it is definitely spring here in sunny Florida, nearly summer temps. In the 80s during the day, but luckily still getting to the high 50s and low 60s at night. It's even too late to put seeds out in my garden, so the tomato and pepper plants will have to do for now.

Bonnie Lea
                      Participant

OH OH OH OH OH   to know you have yardmen and brave one at that!!!  and for us up here to know that at least down where ever you hail from life is around.  (still snow up here)  I get all woozy when I see geese flying.  (usually in the wrong direction)  what to think of Canadian geese though.

But a snake….even a baby snake, means his momma had babies….tons of them….means somewhere it is spring!!!  yeah I don't have to wait to see the first Robin now.  thankyou for making my day.

And thankyou for having a yard man who picked it up.  I hope he was gentle and put it not too far away from it's dear momma and its tons  TONS of siblings.  He was just familiarizing himself with where the 'cement beach' was for the summer time swim-a-thon that he and his bro's and sis were planning for their family reunion Picnic.

thankyou

jag
                        Participant

LV, I don't know if you know it, but BillMFL has a new job w/Nat Geo, and he has the perfect solution to your problem.

Watch

jag
                            Participant

Oh well, guess embed didn't work.  Click Here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg&feature=player_embedded

LV
                              Participant

As always, your Youtube search skills amaze me.

After seeing the honey badger, I wanted to say that I think I'll just stick with the yardman and a hose, but that just sounds so wrong.

LV
                                Participant

As always, your Youtube search skills amaze me.

After seeing the honey badger, I wanted to say that I think I'll just stick with the yardman and a hose, but that just sounds so wrong.

jag
                                  Participant

Oh well, guess embed didn't work.  Click Here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg&feature=player_embedded

Bonnie Lea
                                    Participant

I am so glad that Bill has a job to work at in his golden years instead of driving around the country doin' this and doin' that, and tellling us about cabins & houses and mansions.  Just think of all the knowledge he can have just observing nature at its best. 

I hope he doesnt have to negociate for the well deserved high pay he so well deserves for that last narration imagine having to force his deep baritone voice into a more appealing higher tone.

Thankyou LV and Jag for providing me with my thoughts for the day.  Honey Badgers, and Yardmen who dont know that they are only 36 inches tall, and that LV employes them instead of them having to work for the circus, which I hear the inmates live in tents unlike the honey badger.  I believe in equal work for all.  yard size men, who wrangle baby snakes out of floridian ladies back gardesn so they may enjoy afternoon tea in peace.  And let her take pictures of their hands.

amazing life in Florida.  Our men wear mittens made from badger and wolverine fur, but mainly just the parts that the animal sheds off, as I don't allow killing of them for hand warmers.  so we glue on the bits of fur we find stuck on bushes and twigs in the boreal forests up here in Pickering.  mainly have to deal with the genuine article from china called FAUX badger now I always wonder how do you grow a faux furry badger.  Maybe Mr. Bill knows, I mean John says he now works for Nat. Geo so he should know by now.

Love Bonnie Lea

Bonnie Lea
                                      Participant

I am so glad that Bill has a job to work at in his golden years instead of driving around the country doin' this and doin' that, and tellling us about cabins & houses and mansions.  Just think of all the knowledge he can have just observing nature at its best. 

I hope he doesnt have to negociate for the well deserved high pay he so well deserves for that last narration imagine having to force his deep baritone voice into a more appealing higher tone.

Thankyou LV and Jag for providing me with my thoughts for the day.  Honey Badgers, and Yardmen who dont know that they are only 36 inches tall, and that LV employes them instead of them having to work for the circus, which I hear the inmates live in tents unlike the honey badger.  I believe in equal work for all.  yard size men, who wrangle baby snakes out of floridian ladies back gardesn so they may enjoy afternoon tea in peace.  And let her take pictures of their hands.

amazing life in Florida.  Our men wear mittens made from badger and wolverine fur, but mainly just the parts that the animal sheds off, as I don't allow killing of them for hand warmers.  so we glue on the bits of fur we find stuck on bushes and twigs in the boreal forests up here in Pickering.  mainly have to deal with the genuine article from china called FAUX badger now I always wonder how do you grow a faux furry badger.  Maybe Mr. Bill knows, I mean John says he now works for Nat. Geo so he should know by now.

Love Bonnie Lea

jag
                                      Participant

LV, I don't know if you know it, but BillMFL has a new job w/Nat Geo, and he has the perfect solution to your problem.

Watch

Viewing 3 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics