The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

SLNB Complications

Forums General Melanoma Community SLNB Complications

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

I just had a sentinal lymph node biopsy in the groin and wide excision on the calf two weeks ago.  Several days ago I noticed a lot of pain on my inner thigh.  It feels a lot like a pulled muscle when I walk, but also very sore to the touch on my inner thigh about six inches below the groin incision.  At first I thought that maybe I did pull a muscle from walking funny after the surgery.  I had my follow up with my surgeon yesterday and mentioned it to him and he didn't seem concerned about it.  He did say it was strange because most peo

I just had a sentinal lymph node biopsy in the groin and wide excision on the calf two weeks ago.  Several days ago I noticed a lot of pain on my inner thigh.  It feels a lot like a pulled muscle when I walk, but also very sore to the touch on my inner thigh about six inches below the groin incision.  At first I thought that maybe I did pull a muscle from walking funny after the surgery.  I had my follow up with my surgeon yesterday and mentioned it to him and he didn't seem concerned about it.  He did say it was strange because most people have some numbness, but not soreness.  So I just assumed I did pull a muscle.  However, today I was wearing tighter jeans and realized my thigh is swollen.  It is not very noticeable to look at, but I could definitely feel it wearing those tight jeans.  And when I got home and took them off, I ran my fingers over the sore area and felt a lump. 

I guess I am wondering if this is normal or if I need to go back to see him.  I have to go back in another two weeks to have my stitches removed from the WLE so I can bring it up again then.  I just don't want to have to schedule another appointment before then if it is not necessary. 

The good news is the SLNB came back negative!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics