The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Slight delay checking in to NED resort…

Forums General Melanoma Community Slight delay checking in to NED resort…

Participant

PET scan last monday, onc appt yesterday.

IMPRESSION:  There is slightly increased uptake within a one cm node in the left popliteal fossa.  This is a nonspecific finding which may be both inflammatory and/or neoplastic in nature.

So, CT of left knee (?) scheduled thurs morning.  Onc not too terribly concerned although he does not like the location being on the left side (radical groing dissection, left, sept 2010, node involvement).

PET scan last monday, onc appt yesterday.

IMPRESSION:  There is slightly increased uptake within a one cm node in the left popliteal fossa.  This is a nonspecific finding which may be both inflammatory and/or neoplastic in nature.

So, CT of left knee (?) scheduled thurs morning.  Onc not too terribly concerned although he does not like the location being on the left side (radical groing dissection, left, sept 2010, node involvement).

As for my other concerns – frequent headaches? stress. abdominal cramps? stress. leg aches? who knows!  weight gain? ben and jerry's phish food!!!!

Feeling pretty good about it being nothing, but…trying to breath!

:)Laurie

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        bblapril
        Participant

Thinking about you Laurie…

April

bblapril
          Participant

Thinking about you Laurie…

April

JerryfromFauq
            Participant

Ever had a knee problem?  The Radiologist noted that my Onc should follow up on the scan result of my knee when they did the full body scan.  I actually laughed.  In my case, 25 years earlier, my left knee and leg was messed up enough that I was told I should not be able to walk again. Left side is where i had major groin node surgery (25 years later).  Left knee still works amazingly well, thanks to MSM and Glucosamine (I did drop the Chondrition after readiig that it was not recommended for melanoma patients.) 

If you've never had any knee problems, it could even be arthritis.  worth keeping an eye  on, but not necessarily anything to get to uptight about without more info.

Use Ben and Jerry's to rduce the aniexty!

JerryfromFauq
              Participant

Ever had a knee problem?  The Radiologist noted that my Onc should follow up on the scan result of my knee when they did the full body scan.  I actually laughed.  In my case, 25 years earlier, my left knee and leg was messed up enough that I was told I should not be able to walk again. Left side is where i had major groin node surgery (25 years later).  Left knee still works amazingly well, thanks to MSM and Glucosamine (I did drop the Chondrition after readiig that it was not recommended for melanoma patients.) 

If you've never had any knee problems, it could even be arthritis.  worth keeping an eye  on, but not necessarily anything to get to uptight about without more info.

Use Ben and Jerry's to rduce the aniexty!

mom3girlsFL
                Participant

Thanks guys!  I will let everyone know results as soon as I get them.

GO NED!!!

mom3girlsFL
                  Participant

Thanks guys!  I will let everyone know results as soon as I get them.

GO NED!!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics