The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sks2019 update

Forums General Melanoma Community Sks2019 update

Participant
      In case people have been looking at my posts and wondering what has been going on with my mom. I am writing an update more of to vent it out.
      Mom’s liver mets are growing and growing fast. PET/CT on Jan 10 the biggest tumor size was 7.6×7.7 cm with many small ones 2- 3 cm . Now CT on Feb 14 showed biggest tumor is 9.2×6.8 cm
      so almost 2 cm in less than 30 days. CT also reveals spot on right kidney not sure what it means but given how things have been going on with her. I woudnt be surprised if its mets.

SHe had no treatment since nov 5 (ipi/nivo side effects) , Is very tired and nausauted , having adrenal insufficiency so taking 15mg hydrocortisone for that.

Tumor burden is taking over as her energy is gone and she has lost appetitie due to nausea .
      Today she will be starting a trial with NIRAPARIB. Please pray it works for her.
      At this point I am just preparing myself for the worst scenario 🙁

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        tkoss
        Participant
          is the green melanoma ‘cell’ one cell or many?
          JudiAU
          Participant
            I’m sorry. I hope the new regime helps.
            jbronicki
            Participant
              I’m so sorry, this is such a tough disease and to watch someone you love as much as your mother go through it is devastating. Please know that you are being such a wonderful caregiver and support to her, and I’m sure she is so glad to have you by her side. Many hugs, praying that the new trial is helpful in stopping this. I just read a little bit on Niraparib in ovarian cancer and the open-label study they are doing with Melanoma, very interesting and hopefully will help and quickly. Many hugs to you and your mom. This is tough situation.
          Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics