The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Side effects from treatment or disease

Forums General Melanoma Community Side effects from treatment or disease

Participant
      I just recently finished WBRT. I have been having a lot of “glitches ” I forget to put down whatever is in my hands and try to do things with it in my hands. I forget to take off my clothes and try to put on more clothes. I forget to flush the toilet, which is a pet peeve.
      Does anyone else that has gone thru WBRT have any information on this?

Thank you,
      Tyais

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Hey, Sweetie! Good to see you here. We have all been thinking of you and even reached out on a thread a few pages back!!! Sorry for the “glitches”. I had SRS rather than WBR, so do not have personal experience regarding what you are going through. However, through my training, research, and other patient care – what you are describing sounds very consistent with WBR. Additionally, these are things that often improve with time. “Sister of the Patient” on this board has many threads that talk about how her sister managed through her experience with WBR, so you might check her out:

https://melanoma.org/legacy/community/profiles/sister-patient

Hopefully she will chime in as well. Of course, I think it is important that you run these concerns by your docs to make sure nothings else is going on. Hang in there!!! Yours, celeste

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics