The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Shrinking tumor

Forums General Melanoma Community Shrinking tumor

Participant

Hey there fellow fighters!!!

Can anyone on Keytuda please respond… My father is on the (hopefully) miracle drug for 12 weeks now and he seems to be doing great… His two visible tumors (under the skin surface) are almost completely gone (bigger one was 5x5cm and the smaller one has dissapeared), he also has some mets in his lungs…

Since his first pet scan in May, we are starting to feel a little scared… Can we hope, due to the fact that he responded so well to keytruda 'on the outside', that his mets in his lungs have shrunk/dissapeared as well?

I know that no one can tell anything for sure, but what do you think? 

Thanks to every one who responds….

Be brave and belive in miracles!!! 

Patrisa

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Polymath
        Participant

Hi Patrisa,

That's great news that your father appears to be responding well to Keytruda.  While only a scan can prove whether he is a full, or partial responder, you have to take this as a wonderful sign.  Its especially hopeful, and likely he's a full responder because of the shrinking of what is a fairly large 5cm tumor.  These large one's have been tough for me to beat although I have tumors twice that size.  Some needed radiation to knock them down.  Good news for your family, and hopefully more to come.

Gary

Patrisa
            Participant

Dear Gary,

I really  appreciate your reply, not just because it reads so positive, but it put my mind somewhat at ease…

I wish you all  the best with your treatments!!!

Patrisa

Patrisa
              Participant

Dear Gary,

I really  appreciate your reply, not just because it reads so positive, but it put my mind somewhat at ease…

Patrisa

Patrisa
                Participant

Dear Gary,

Patrisa

Polymath
                Participant

Hi Patrisa,

That's great news that your father appears to be responding well to Keytruda.  While only a scan can prove whether he is a full, or partial responder, you have to take this as a wonderful sign.  Its especially hopeful, and likely he's a full responder because of the shrinking of what is a fairly large 5cm tumor.  These large one's have been tough for me to beat although I have tumors twice that size.  Some needed radiation to knock them down.  Good news for your family, and hopefully more to come.

Gary

Polymath
                  Participant

Hi Patrisa,

Gary

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics