The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Shoulder Pain

Forums General Melanoma Community Shoulder Pain

Participant

Hi everyone, i have a question..I did the 30 day HD interferon back in April with no problems except a little fatigue in the mornings..It didn't work so i am on Yervoy now and did my 2nd does a couple weeks ago and have shoulder and arm pain..My left forearm was hurting pretty back before my surgery back in feb but has eased some since..My left shoulder and muscle in my upper arm hurts like crazy and has been since may, was wondering if anyone else has had this experience?..I had a left neck dissection in Feb 2014 am seems things on my left side are screwed up..My right arm is starting to hurt some also but i believe that's because i'm using it more because of the other side..No other side effects with the Yervoy yet..

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

I haven't had that experience. My left shoulder hurts cause I got a big tumor there. It has eased off for now but when I need relief I got one of those shoulder/neck heating pads. Also ice pack helps a little too.

Maybe eat more raw okra ๐Ÿ™‚ Just kidding.

Good luck to you.

arthurjedi007
          Participant

I haven't had that experience. My left shoulder hurts cause I got a big tumor there. It has eased off for now but when I need relief I got one of those shoulder/neck heating pads. Also ice pack helps a little too.

Good luck to you.

arthurjedi007
            Participant

Good luck to you.

Gwen in Maine
              Participant

Hi Ginger — I've also recently had my second dose of Yervoy. The only side effects I've noticed, are itching where I've had previous treatment. For example, I had radiation (SRT) in April to my left optic nerve and my left eye was extremely itchy. Recently the itching has started up where I had surgery to my right neck Feb 2013. I'm also noticing fatigue is increasing but manageable. 

Gwen in Maine

Ginger8888
                  Participant

Thanks for your responses, i believe now that i've got a bad rotator cuff..I reseachered online and asked a friend that had a bad rotator cuff and it seems like the same symptoms..ugh..I have also had an itch every now and then under my surgery scar and just figured it was still in the healing process (surgery was in Feb) but maybe it's the yervoy, 

Ginger8888
                    Participant

Thanks for your responses, i believe now that i've got a bad rotator cuff..I reseachered online and asked a friend that had a bad rotator cuff and it seems like the same symptoms..ugh..I have also had an itch every now and then under my surgery scar and just figured it was still in the healing process (surgery was in Feb) but maybe it's the yervoy, 

Ginger8888
                      Participant

Gwen in Maine
                      Participant

Hi Ginger — I've also recently had my second dose of Yervoy. The only side effects I've noticed, are itching where I've had previous treatment. For example, I had radiation (SRT) in April to my left optic nerve and my left eye was extremely itchy. Recently the itching has started up where I had surgery to my right neck Feb 2013. I'm also noticing fatigue is increasing but manageable. 

Gwen in Maine

Gwen in Maine
                        Participant

Gwen in Maine

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics