The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Should I be worried?

Forums General Melanoma Community Should I be worried?

Participant
      I just finished an ippi treatment for a clinically trial I am on. With stage 3, I am always worried about results. I had my CAT scan done also. The scans went smoothly but a doc who read the scan indicated I had a 4cm growth in my right abdominal. But my onc said he did not see anything in the scan and not to be worried. Should I be worried?

I just finished an ippi treatment for a clinically trial I am on. With stage 3, I am always worried about results. I had my CAT scan done also. The scans went smoothly but a doc who read the scan indicated I had a 4cm growth in my right abdominal. But my onc said he did not see anything in the scan and not to be worried. Should I be worried?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sherron
        Participant

Hi, if it's Melanoma, get it taken out now…..

Take Care and Best Wishes for continued good health!

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Sherron
          Participant

Sherron
            Participant

Janner
              Participant

None of us can answer that question.  That is why you have an oncologist.  Radiology reports will always mention everything they see but that doesn't always mean it is something of concern.  That is why you have an oncologist – to interpret the results for you.  If you are concerned, get a second opinion.  But there is no way any of us here can give you any useful answer.  We don't have the report or the knowlege to even make an educated guess.

Best wishes,

Janner

Janner thank you. I don’t know a hemostat from a thermostat, and the idea of giving advice while poaching in someone else’s field, is way beyond my ken. I have read ignorant advice here, like telling a late term fourth stager to take up yoga, to be healed. Same goes for religious regimens of all stripes and varieties.

I believe in hope, not nonsense. It only takes a bit of courage to look about and find some hope, especially with melanoma today. A little bit of hope can turn into a great deal of strength, which brings more hope.
                  You can have faith, but I will take hope….fact based hope….realistic hope…gutsy hope…shared hope…human trial hope…knife fights hope…chemical warfare hope…radiation hope…that’s why I come here, to find and share hope.

audgator
                  Participant

John Patrick Michael, you are my hero!

Dan

audgator
                    Participant

Dan

audgator
                      Participant

Dan

Janner thank you. I don’t know a hemostat from a thermostat, and the idea of giving advice while poaching in someone else’s field, is way beyond my ken. I have read ignorant advice here, like telling a late term fourth stager to take up yoga, to be healed. Same goes for religious regimens of all stripes and varieties.

I believe in hope, not nonsense. It only takes a bit of courage to look about and find some hope, especially with melanoma today. A little bit of hope can turn into a great deal of strength, which brings more hope.
                        You can have faith, but I will take hope….fact based hope….realistic hope…gutsy hope…shared hope…human trial hope…knife fights hope…chemical warfare hope…radiation hope…that’s why I come here, to find and share hope.

Janner
                      Participant

None of us can answer that question.  That is why you have an oncologist.  Radiology reports will always mention everything they see but that doesn't always mean it is something of concern.  That is why you have an oncologist – to interpret the results for you.  If you are concerned, get a second opinion.  But there is no way any of us here can give you any useful answer.  We don't have the report or the knowlege to even make an educated guess.

Best wishes,

Janner

Janner
                        Participant

Best wishes,

Janner

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics