The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

SHAMELESS

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community SHAMELESS

Participant

Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. (BMY) Chief Executive Officer Lamberto Andreotti received a 27 percent increase in total compensation after a new skin cancer drug gained approval and contributed to higher sales and profits.

Andreotti’s total compensation rose to $14.9 million in 2011 from $11.8 million a year earlier, according to a regulatory filing. The pay included a bonus of $4.2 million related to the company’s financial results, share price increase and the start of sales for the melanoma drug Yervoy, according to the filing. Andreotti also received an 11 percent base salary increase to $1.5 million effective April 1, 2011, “to bring him closer to competitive market levels,” the company said in the filing.

The higher pay for Andreotti reflected, among other things, his leadership in “delivering the strong 2011 financial results” such as annual earnings per share of $2.28 that exceeded a target of $2.14 a share and “executing the Yervoy launch,” the company said in the March 9 filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

Bristol-Myers loses patent exclusivity on its best-selling drug Plavix later this year. It is counting on new drugs such as Yervoy to replace the expected reduction in revenue. The melanoma treatment was approved in March 2011 and generated $360 million in sales last year. Bristol-Myers in January agreed to purchase Inhibitex Inc. for $2.5 billion to gain its hepatitis C drug as part of its “string of pearls” strategy to develop new products through acquisitions.

The New York-based drugmaker also ended a one-year salary freeze for all employees in 2011, the company said in the filing.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        jim Breitfeller
        Participant

jim Breitfeller
          Participant

jim Breitfeller
            Participant

boot2aboot
                Participant

Ha! Ha! May Lamberto get stage 4 mel…and get a taste of his own (expensive medicine)

boots

CaliforniaCaregiver
                  Participant

I wouldn't wish MEL on ANYBODY!!! What goes around comes around.

boot2aboot
                    Participant

naw, it ain't true what comes around so stop your california dreamin,,,,just look at all the crap bad guys in history did AND got away with it along with bags of money -quit repeating an old wives tale that keeps us from doing what should be done because we are scared of fictitious boogeymen.-i'm stage 4 so what do i have to be scared of anymore? i can say and do ANYTHING now…i can be heroic or be a dum-as…doesn't matter…and you'd be pissed at this guy too if your insurance company denied treatment because of the ridiculous price tags…not to mention making money of desperate people who were HEROS going through clinical trials…where is thier bags of money? oh…can't take it with you…sorry

but, let's get serious…what Lamberto has to understand is that it is ok to be greedy, but overstepping is going to cost big pharma…big time…because then, reformists are going to point fingers and  rein it in and then there will be no new drugs for us…

boots

boot2aboot
                      Participant

naw, it ain't true what comes around so stop your california dreamin,,,,just look at all the crap bad guys in history did AND got away with it along with bags of money -quit repeating an old wives tale that keeps us from doing what should be done because we are scared of fictitious boogeymen.-i'm stage 4 so what do i have to be scared of anymore? i can say and do ANYTHING now…i can be heroic or be a dum-as…doesn't matter…and you'd be pissed at this guy too if your insurance company denied treatment because of the ridiculous price tags…not to mention making money of desperate people who were HEROS going through clinical trials…where is thier bags of money? oh…can't take it with you…sorry

but, let's get serious…what Lamberto has to understand is that it is ok to be greedy, but overstepping is going to cost big pharma…big time…because then, reformists are going to point fingers and  rein it in and then there will be no new drugs for us…

boots

boot2aboot
                        Participant

boots

CaliforniaCaregiver
                          Participant

CaliforniaCaregiver
                            Participant

boot2aboot
                              Participant

Ha! Ha! May Lamberto get stage 4 mel…and get a taste of his own (expensive medicine)

boots

boot2aboot
                                Participant

boots

Linny
                                Participant

Now, now, aren't we being a little hard on a man who can't manage to live on an $11.8 million salary and needed a $3.1 million increase to make ends meet? cheeky

NOT!

Their greed never ceases to amaze me.

Linny
                                  Participant

Now, now, aren't we being a little hard on a man who can't manage to live on an $11.8 million salary and needed a $3.1 million increase to make ends meet? cheeky

NOT!

Erinmay22
                                      Participant

This is a double edged sword…  it stinks that these guys get paid SO much money…  but on the other hand its motivation for them to do more research and testing.  

Erinmay22
                                        Participant

This is a double edged sword…  it stinks that these guys get paid SO much money…  but on the other hand its motivation for them to do more research and testing.  

boot2aboot
                                          Participant

doesn't this guy look straight up mob boss? gad, he even looks as SLEEZY as his wallet size…look at him smirking all the way to the bank…HE is going to cause the feds to step on big pharma big time because of his crummy outrageous greed and you know what that means…no more new drugs…think about it…how many pharma companies have merged recently? and when did a great Mel new drug come from outside the US?

boot2aboot
                                            Participant

doesn't this guy look straight up mob boss? gad, he even looks as SLEEZY as his wallet size…look at him smirking all the way to the bank…HE is going to cause the feds to step on big pharma big time because of his crummy outrageous greed and you know what that means…no more new drugs…think about it…how many pharma companies have merged recently? and when did a great Mel new drug come from outside the US?

boot2aboot
                                              Participant

Erinmay22
                                                Participant

Linny
                                                Participant

NOT!

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics