The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Severe muscle spasms – burning pain

Forums General Melanoma Community Severe muscle spasms – burning pain

Has anyone had severe muscle spasms and burning pain?  I have this down the right side of my body, neck, shoulder, upper arm, abdomen, groin, leg, and foot.  This is the foot I had lost sensation in from the removal of the brain tumor.  The surgeon was quite positive I would regain sensation so at first I thought maybe this was related to regaining the feeling.  Then it moved up into my abdomen and should.  I'm worried this is due to tumor growth.  I'm worried.  Especially since this is only on my right side.  If the turmor is growing could it cause spasms?

Thanks

Jennifer

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Replies
      Hammers
      Participant

I am not a brain surgeon, but I am a dentist.  When we injure nerves accidently, that feeling is common as the nerve tries to reconnect.  It is your brain sending out "pings" to see if the endings respond so to speak.  So it may be the sensation beginning to return congrats! 

Thanks so much.  I was beginning to freak out a little bit.  Hopefully that's all it is.  Sure is painful though.

The neuro-oncology dr thinks I was having mini seizures.  They put me on Kepra.  Always keeping it interesting.

Franny
        Participant

Yes I get charley horses in my legs at night and get out of bed and walk it off……it is awful

Franny

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics