The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Severe itching after IL-2

Forums General Melanoma Community Severe itching after IL-2

Participant

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with severe itching after IL-2 treatment. It has been almost six weeks and my dad is not getting any relief.  Nothing has helped so far (gabepentin, Benedryl, cold compresses, etc…), it's maddening. Any suggestions?

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

I had itching with ipi. Have you tried a heating pad? I'm surprised the cold compresses didn't work cause they at least numbed the area for me giving some relief for a little while.

arthurjedi007
          Participant

I had itching with ipi. Have you tried a heating pad? I'm surprised the cold compresses didn't work cause they at least numbed the area for me giving some relief for a little while.

arthurjedi007
            Participant

Janner
              Participant

From previous IL-2 posters:

SARNA anti-itch lotion

itch pills called Hydroxyzine HCL

melissa ann
                  Participant

Sarna helped a lot during my husbands IL2 treatment.  Wishing your Dad peace through this treatment.  IT is tough but he can do it!

melissa ann
                    Participant

Sarna helped a lot during my husbands IL2 treatment.  Wishing your Dad peace through this treatment.  IT is tough but he can do it!

melissa ann
                      Participant

NYKaren
                        Participant

Those pills are the best. 25 mg made me drowsy, 50 mg made for blessed sleep. 

Hope this helps,

karen

NYKaren
                          Participant

Hope this helps,

karen

NYKaren
                            Participant

Hope this helps,

karen

Janner
                            Participant

SARNA anti-itch lotion

Janner
                              Participant

SARNA anti-itch lotion

hdevlin
                                Participant

I had severe itching after my IL2 treatment, even after my skin had totally healed. I used Sarna lotion and Benadryl, sometimes together and sometimes alone. Sometimes I just itched, it's hard not to. My itchiness lasted about 6 months after treatment. Some days, even weeks, were symptom free. Then the itching would return. It does go away. I told myself this was my body still responding to the IL-2, which made me feel positive about the uncomfortable situation.

hdevlin
                                  Participant

I had severe itching after my IL2 treatment, even after my skin had totally healed. I used Sarna lotion and Benadryl, sometimes together and sometimes alone. Sometimes I just itched, it's hard not to. My itchiness lasted about 6 months after treatment. Some days, even weeks, were symptom free. Then the itching would return. It does go away. I told myself this was my body still responding to the IL-2, which made me feel positive about the uncomfortable situation.

hdevlin
                                    Participant

Lctjc5
                                        Participant

Thank you for your reply, he's pretty much tried everything, sarna, Benedryl, adderax…do you mind me asking if your treatment worked?

Lctjc5
                                          Participant

Thank you for your reply, he's pretty much tried everything, sarna, Benedryl, adderax…do you mind me asking if your treatment worked?

JerryfromFauq
                                            Participant

Last I heard, hdevlin had been NED for two years.  Which is approaching the time that complete responders have never haad a recurence after.

JerryfromFauq
                                              Participant

Last I heard, hdevlin had been NED for two years.  Which is approaching the time that complete responders have never haad a recurence after.

JerryfromFauq
                                                Participant

Lctjc5
                                                  Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics