The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Second excision for melanoma in situ?

Forums General Melanoma Community Second excision for melanoma in situ?

Participant

On 9/16 I had a mole on my forearm. On 9/24 my derm called and said it was melanoma in situ. She said that she sent it to the university of Chicago for a second opinion, who agreed it was in situ. She scheduled me for an appt for a wle the following Monday 9/29. I went, and the surgeon seemed to have taken a big chunk of my arm out. The scar is about 3 inches long and looks like skin its drooping inward.

Anyhow, a nurse from the surgeons office called today with the results. She said that the results came back today from wle and that it looks like they are going to have to a second excision. I was at the grocery store and caught off guard, because I was not expecting bad news and was so shocked that I did not ask a lot of questions. They wanted me to come in this week for second surgery, which is not possible for me so I go next monday. 

I called my derm so she could explain it to me and am waiting for a call back. I am so confused. Does this type of thing normally happen? Or does it mean the original diagnosis of in situ was incorrect? 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        CURE OM
        Participant

Hi there, 

I am very sorry to hear about your recent issues with melanoma. I think that you might have better luck with an answer to your questions from the MPIP forum that can be found here:

http://www.melanoma.org/find-support/patient-community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page.

Another thought would be to use the Melanoma Research Foundations Ask A Nurse Program. Information on that free service can be found here: 

http://www.melanoma.org/find-support/patient-community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page.

Best of luck to you!

CURE OM
          Participant

Hi there, 

I am very sorry to hear about your recent issues with melanoma. I think that you might have better luck with an answer to your questions from the MPIP forum that can be found here:

Another thought would be to use the Melanoma Research Foundations Ask A Nurse Program. Information on that free service can be found here: 

Best of luck to you!

CURE OM
            Participant

Hi there, 

Best of luck to you!

john243
                I want to share the amazing results with Cannabis oil cancer miracle cure. My wife just recovered from breast cancer just 19 weeks of using it. She have being having this breast cancer on her left side which she have been battling for over 3 years.

More importantly, she is no longer having to deal with the embarrassment and annoyance of Chemo, Radiations and those crazy cancer drugs which is been recommended by oncologist nor daily fatigue. If you have been in the situation, you will know what it means to be free indeed.

Thanks to Dr. Thomas and Mr. Rick Simpson. Save yourself, and your family members and friends by helping them out with this information for better understanding.

Where to order the medication online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for more help.
                john243
                  I want to share the amazing results with Cannabis oil cancer miracle cure. My wife just recovered from breast cancer just 19 weeks of using it. She have being having this breast cancer on her left side which she have been battling for over 3 years.

More importantly, she is no longer having to deal with the embarrassment and annoyance of Chemo, Radiations and those crazy cancer drugs which is been recommended by oncologist nor daily fatigue. If you have been in the situation, you will know what it means to be free indeed.

Thanks to Dr. Thomas and Mr. Rick Simpson. Save yourself, and your family members and friends by helping them out with this information for better understanding.

for more help.
                  john243

for more help.
                Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics