The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

SCCA

Participant

So I finally have an appt with Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. I'll be seeing Dr. Thompson on Wednesday. It works out well since bob and I were planning on driving over on Thursday, so we'll be able to combine this trip instead of having to make two.

Because of my previous experience with second opinions, I expect them to agree with my own doctor. BUT, they do have several trials. One way or the other, I'll be able to pick his brain a little and decide what my main plan will be, and what my back up plan will be.

So I finally have an appt with Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. I'll be seeing Dr. Thompson on Wednesday. It works out well since bob and I were planning on driving over on Thursday, so we'll be able to combine this trip instead of having to make two.

Because of my previous experience with second opinions, I expect them to agree with my own doctor. BUT, they do have several trials. One way or the other, I'll be able to pick his brain a little and decide what my main plan will be, and what my back up plan will be.

Got my hair all cut off too, so I'm all ..ready for the fight.

DIan

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Kim K
        Participant

Way to go, got your war face on and everything.  Best of luck, let us know what the second docs thoughts are as well.  You have a great game plan.

Hugs – Kim

Kim K
          Participant

Way to go, got your war face on and everything.  Best of luck, let us know what the second docs thoughts are as well.  You have a great game plan.

Hugs – Kim

Kim K
            Participant

Hugs – Kim

Hstevens0072
              Participant
                Go Dian!
                  dian in spokane
                  Participant

hey! how'd your first day go?

Hstevens0072
                    Participant
                      Really well. Thank you for asking. They scared us to death about the side effects, then the IV nurse came in and talked us off the ledge by telling us how many folks she sees get Ipilimumab and how few dreadful side effects she sees. I think I can feel it working! Lol
                      Hstevens0072
                      Participant
                        Really well. Thank you for asking. They scared us to death about the side effects, then the IV nurse came in and talked us off the ledge by telling us how many folks she sees get Ipilimumab and how few dreadful side effects she sees. I think I can feel it working! Lol
                        Gene_S
                        Participant

My husband never lost any hair with Ipilimumab.  He still has a nice full head and has been on it for 2 years.  His biggest thing was the Ippi Itch and his white eyebrows but his Dr. said he felt it was working and he is NED (no evidence of disease) so we are thrilled.

Judy (loving wife of Gene Stage IV and now NED)

Gene_S
                          Participant

My husband never lost any hair with Ipilimumab.  He still has a nice full head and has been on it for 2 years.  His biggest thing was the Ippi Itch and his white eyebrows but his Dr. said he felt it was working and he is NED (no evidence of disease) so we are thrilled.

Gene_S
                            Participant

Hstevens0072
                              Participant
                                dian in spokane
                                Participant

dian in spokane
                                  Participant

Hstevens0072
                                  Participant
                                    Go Dian!
                                    Hstevens0072
                                    Participant
                                      Go Dian!
                                      aldakota22
                                      Participant

With the PMA you have ,melanoma is put on notice.You are ready for the fight.Nice that some of the smal things such as a combined trip worked out.Keep us posted on your plans.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                                        Participant

With the PMA you have ,melanoma is put on notice.You are ready for the fight.Nice that some of the smal things such as a combined trip worked out.Keep us posted on your plans.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                                          Participant

triciad
                                            Participant

Good luck Dian.  I hope you some information that will help lead you in the right direction.  My prayers are with you.

triciad
                                              Participant

Good luck Dian.  I hope you some information that will help lead you in the right direction.  My prayers are with you.

triciad
                                                Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics