The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scanziety

Forums General Melanoma Community Scanziety

Participant

I finally had my 1st set of CT scans yesterday after interferon treatments a year later.  I have an appt with Onc on Oct 20th.  The lady that did the CT scan said the results would be back to my doctor in 3 to 5 days.  I am really hopping I can get my results before the 20th.  I will be calling Friday to try to get them.  I cant imagine them making me wait that long with the anxiety I feel over this.  I know this is a normal feeling and almost everyone goes through it.  It does not make it easier though.  I just want to know that the Melanoma

I finally had my 1st set of CT scans yesterday after interferon treatments a year later.  I have an appt with Onc on Oct 20th.  The lady that did the CT scan said the results would be back to my doctor in 3 to 5 days.  I am really hopping I can get my results before the 20th.  I will be calling Friday to try to get them.  I cant imagine them making me wait that long with the anxiety I feel over this.  I know this is a normal feeling and almost everyone goes through it.  It does not make it easier though.  I just want to know that the Melanoma is gone for now if not forever.  If it is not gone I want to move forward with treatments.  As for now I am feeling really good, 3 weeks off interferon.  Appitite has returned and very little fatigue.  No more feeling like total crap.  Now just waiting for my hair to return as it is very thin right now.  I will post with results.

Lauri England Stage 3C

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Replies
        momof2kids
        Participant

I too, hope you can get the results before that date, I can't even stand waiting a day or two to get my results after my scans, you just need to know, so you can move on, like you said, to other treatments, or to know if you can have a small break for awhile and be NED, etc.

I hope all goes well for you when you get the results.

momof2kids
          Participant

I too, hope you can get the results before that date, I can't even stand waiting a day or two to get my results after my scans, you just need to know, so you can move on, like you said, to other treatments, or to know if you can have a small break for awhile and be NED, etc.

I hope all goes well for you when you get the results.

akls
            Participant

Lauri,

I'm so glad you are done with interferon.  I too lost most of my hair while on it.  I've been off of it for 1.5 years now and my hair is finally looking pre-melanoma.  I hope your scans come back all clear.  I can totally relate to your scanziety.  Hang in there!

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                Participant

I just looked closely at your profile picture.  Were you at the falls this summer?  We went in August.  Such a beautiful place!

Amy S. in Michigan

Lauri England
                  Participant

We went to the falls last summer. Taquaminon Falls if I spelled that correctly.  It was deautiful.

Lauri England
                    Participant

We went to the falls last summer. Taquaminon Falls if I spelled that correctly.  It was deautiful.

Lauri England
                      Participant

akls
                        Participant

It is one of my favorite places in Michigan!  My husband and I used to go camping up there every summer before we had kids.  We finally took them up this summer.  They are beautiful in the winter too!

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                          Participant

It is one of my favorite places in Michigan!  My husband and I used to go camping up there every summer before we had kids.  We finally took them up this summer.  They are beautiful in the winter too!

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                            Participant

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                              Participant

I just looked closely at your profile picture.  Were you at the falls this summer?  We went in August.  Such a beautiful place!

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                                Participant

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                                Participant

Lauri,

I'm so glad you are done with interferon.  I too lost most of my hair while on it.  I've been off of it for 1.5 years now and my hair is finally looking pre-melanoma.  I hope your scans come back all clear.  I can totally relate to your scanziety.  Hang in there!

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                                  Participant

Lauri,

Amy S. in Michigan

Hereiam
                                    Participant

I truly hope your scans will show good results!

And as you understand it yoursel, it IS normal to feel like this. If you will not care for yourself, who will?

Wishing all the best!

Hereiam
                                      Participant

And as you understand it yoursel, it IS normal to feel like this. If you will not care for yourself, who will?

Wishing all the best!

Hereiam
                                        Participant

Wishing all the best!

jax2007gxp
                                          Participant

Only happy thoughts for you, Lauri!  Congrats on getting through the interferon!  Let's hope we can all celebrate great results with you…and very very soon!!!

Jacki

jax2007gxp
                                            Participant

Only happy thoughts for you, Lauri!  Congrats on getting through the interferon!  Let's hope we can all celebrate great results with you…and very very soon!!!

Jacki

jax2007gxp
                                              Participant

Jacki

Viewing 10 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics