The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scans today

Forums General Melanoma Community Scans today

Participant

Been a while since I have posted, lots going on the news these days so I thought I would come and check out the board. The PD-1 therapy and MEK look quite promising, which is always great to see. Nothing like some uplifting clinical news to give new hope. I'm going to pepper Dr Carvajal about the new drugs when I see him this week up at MSKCC. Going in for liver MRI and full body CT today. I have been stable for just over a year now with a sub 1 cm met in the liver (at least that is what they say it is, no biopsy has been performed though).

Been a while since I have posted, lots going on the news these days so I thought I would come and check out the board. The PD-1 therapy and MEK look quite promising, which is always great to see. Nothing like some uplifting clinical news to give new hope. I'm going to pepper Dr Carvajal about the new drugs when I see him this week up at MSKCC. Going in for liver MRI and full body CT today. I have been stable for just over a year now with a sub 1 cm met in the liver (at least that is what they say it is, no biopsy has been performed though). Did yervoy last July/Aug and got 3 infusions before severe side effects derailed my last treatment and subsequently destroyed my adrenal and thyroid glands. But, the liver met has not grown, so I suppose "net net", its a win for now.

And the intestines are doing well after the 2 surgeries I had last spring. No real problems there. Obviously have a little scanxiety today and will be hoping for the best on Thursday when I get the results.

Wetterhorn

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Rebecca and Bob
        Participant

Good luck today, it's stressful but I will be hoping for good news for you today. Glad to hear your not having Intestinal issues, my husband went through that same surgery we are hoping we still get good news next month. It kind of sounds like the liver spot might not be anything?

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
          Participant

Good luck today, it's stressful but I will be hoping for good news for you today. Glad to hear your not having Intestinal issues, my husband went through that same surgery we are hoping we still get good news next month. It kind of sounds like the liver spot might not be anything?

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
            Participant

Rebecca

susanr
              Participant

good luck.!!!!!!!  I understand.  My brother goes for scans in 2 weeks after finishing temodor and abraxane.  We are all not looking forward to it.  Keep strong.!!!!!!  Use this forum like I do to help you through this.  Keep us posted.  I will be looking out for you on the forum and my prayers are with you.

Susan NY

Erinmay22
                  Participant

Hey Wetterhorn – positive thoughts and prayers your way!  I'll be at Sloan tomorrow for my weekly blood draws and a brain MRI.  In March 2011 I had a VAT's procedure done and then clear lungs.  on the 22nd I sent in for my 3 month scan updates and had severe anemia (got admitted for a blood transfusion) and they see a small spot on my intestine and some lymph nodes around there.  Just thought our cases were somewhat similiar.  Met with Dr Ariyan (she's great!).  I wanted surgery but she wasn't sure she could get all the lymph around the intestine spot.  So my doctor has started me on Zelboraf.  Just started it last week…  we'll see how things go!

here's to good news!

Cheers,
                    Erin

Snickers60
                    Participant

I call it SCANITIS…………we're having it too.   Next week, after 7 weeks on ZEL, we will find out WHAT it's doing !

We wish you the very best in your journey and with your test.    WE UNDERSTAND !  

BLESSINGS AND HEALTH,

Nancy (devoted wife of 3X warrior Wayne)

Snickers60
                      Participant

I call it SCANITIS…………we're having it too.   Next week, after 7 weeks on ZEL, we will find out WHAT it's doing !

We wish you the very best in your journey and with your test.    WE UNDERSTAND !  

BLESSINGS AND HEALTH,

Snickers60
                        Participant

BLESSINGS AND HEALTH,

Erinmay22
                          Participant

Hey Wetterhorn – positive thoughts and prayers your way!  I'll be at Sloan tomorrow for my weekly blood draws and a brain MRI.  In March 2011 I had a VAT's procedure done and then clear lungs.  on the 22nd I sent in for my 3 month scan updates and had severe anemia (got admitted for a blood transfusion) and they see a small spot on my intestine and some lymph nodes around there.  Just thought our cases were somewhat similiar.  Met with Dr Ariyan (she's great!).  I wanted surgery but she wasn't sure she could get all the lymph around the intestine spot.  So my doctor has started me on Zelboraf.  Just started it last week…  we'll see how things go!

here's to good news!

Cheers,
                            Erin

Erinmay22
                            Participant

here's to good news!

Cheers,
                              Erin

susanr
                            Participant

good luck.!!!!!!!  I understand.  My brother goes for scans in 2 weeks after finishing temodor and abraxane.  We are all not looking forward to it.  Keep strong.!!!!!!  Use this forum like I do to help you through this.  Keep us posted.  I will be looking out for you on the forum and my prayers are with you.

Susan NY

susanr
                              Participant

Susan NY

LynnLuc
                                Participant

Good Luck on your Scans! It's worth your while to bring up the Anti PD 1. I have been on it since 2010 and have remained NED for 2 years. I have been doing the original  one aka MDX 1106 ( BMS-936558) .Lynn

LynnLuc
                                  Participant

Good Luck on your Scans! It's worth your while to bring up the Anti PD 1. I have been on it since 2010 and have remained NED for 2 years. I have been doing the original  one aka MDX 1106 ( BMS-936558) .Lynn

LynnLuc
                                    Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics