The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scans today!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Scans today!!

Participant

Was up half the night thinking about today and it's outcome…I have my scans today to see if my treatment is working or not…I've been told that most of the time the first scan after this treatment could look worse than it did before treatment, that's how this treatment usually works, so i will try not get too discouraged if things don't turn out the way i have been praying for..Wish me luck and can always use some positive thoughts and prayers..I don't get result until the 23rd…If this doesn't work or is working to slow then onto the next one and i'll kick it's ass too. Treatments -0 Ginger -2…(as far as side effects)Have a wonderful day..

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        donjones
        Participant

Ginger8888

There is always hope and faith, and that is what drives you.  Waiting for scan results seems to take soooo long!  Don't get discouraged if there is no improvement on the short term, it's the long term that counts.  Every survivor's thoughts and prayers will be with you and the Doc!

donjones
          Participant

Ginger8888

There is always hope and faith, and that is what drives you.  Waiting for scan results seems to take soooo long!  Don't get discouraged if there is no improvement on the short term, it's the long term that counts.  Every survivor's thoughts and prayers will be with you and the Doc!

donjones
            Participant

Ginger8888

arthurjedi007
              Participant

Good luck. That waiting for the report drives me crazy. I'm glad I get the results the same day now that I go to Mayo.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                Participant

Good luck. That waiting for the report drives me crazy. I'm glad I get the results the same day now that I go to Mayo.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                  Participant

Artie

kylez
                    Participant

Ginger, this might or might not work for your scanxiety, or anybody else's. And it probably sounds dumb. I noticed, however, when I bought a lottery ticket the day before a scan, the inevitable 'I won the jackpot' fantasies served the cause of being distracting from some scanxiety thoughts. Good luck in the run-up to your scan results on the 23rd!

BrianP
                        Participant

I like it Kyle.  I travel for my treatments every two weeks.  On each trip I buy a lottery ticket.  I tell my wife something good has to come from all this and maybe it will be winning the lottery!

BrianP
                          Participant

I like it Kyle.  I travel for my treatments every two weeks.  On each trip I buy a lottery ticket.  I tell my wife something good has to come from all this and maybe it will be winning the lottery!

BrianP
                            Participant

kylez
                            Participant

Ginger, this might or might not work for your scanxiety, or anybody else's. And it probably sounds dumb. I noticed, however, when I bought a lottery ticket the day before a scan, the inevitable 'I won the jackpot' fantasies served the cause of being distracting from some scanxiety thoughts. Good luck in the run-up to your scan results on the 23rd!

kylez
                              Participant

jbronicki
                                Participant

Good luck today!  Will be thinking about you. I go through this anxiety every 3 months with husband.  I hope the treatment works quickly for you.  Scanxiety can be brutal. 

jbronicki
                                  Participant

Good luck today!  Will be thinking about you. I go through this anxiety every 3 months with husband.  I hope the treatment works quickly for you.  Scanxiety can be brutal. 

jbronicki
                                    Participant

BrianP
                                      Participant

Good luck Ginger.  Prayers coming your way!

BrianP
                                        Participant

BrianP
                                          Participant

DZnDef
                                            Participant

Best of luck to you, Ginger!  After my most recent scans, I went to a Chinese restaurant and my fortune cookie fortune said "You will receive pleasant news soon".  And I did!  I hope your news is even better than mine.  I like the lottery ticket idea too.  Great distraction and we all deserve some sort of consolation prize for dealing with this beast, don't we?

Wishing you disappearing mets! – Maggie

DZnDef
                                              Participant

Best of luck to you, Ginger!  After my most recent scans, I went to a Chinese restaurant and my fortune cookie fortune said "You will receive pleasant news soon".  And I did!  I hope your news is even better than mine.  I like the lottery ticket idea too.  Great distraction and we all deserve some sort of consolation prize for dealing with this beast, don't we?

DZnDef
                                                Participant

Ginger8888
                                                  Participant

Thanks everybody, the waiting does suck, i have my disc but don't have a clue as to what i'm looking at..lol Being positive that it's working, if not onto the next treatment…I've been lucky so far with treatments..I've done the 30 day HD interferon and Yervoy with very little side effects ( a little fatigue and some hair loss)..

Ginger8888
                                                    Participant

Thanks everybody, the waiting does suck, i have my disc but don't have a clue as to what i'm looking at..lol Being positive that it's working, if not onto the next treatment…I've been lucky so far with treatments..I've done the 30 day HD interferon and Yervoy with very little side effects ( a little fatigue and some hair loss)..

Ginger8888
                                                      Participant

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics