The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scans frequency after adjuvant nivo for stage 4

Forums General Melanoma Community Scans frequency after adjuvant nivo for stage 4

Participant
      Hi everyone, I have a question to all NED people who finished their 12 months adjuvant nivolumab treatment for stage 4 melanoma – what is/was the frequency of your scans after adjuvant therapy had been completed? Is it every 3 months? It looks like at my institution it’s every 6 months after finishing nivo, which does seems like a long time if you are stage 4. Think I would be way more happy with keeping doing the scans every 3-4months for another year and then moving to 6 monthly one’s in year 3. What’s your experience with this? Thanks guys!

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        stevek1959x
        Participant
          I had a PET/CT scan at 3 months and just a CT scan at 6 months following the completion of nivolumab. My next CT is scheduled at the 3 month interval. Sometimes insurance companies control the frequency/type of scan. I’m currently on medicare with a supplement.
          Hukill
          Participant
            My last nivo was August of 2018 and have had ct scans every 3 months. It was my choice to stop nivo after 1 year of NED. My sister works at a cancer treatment center and they keep their patients on nivo after NED until their body can;t handle it anymore. Of course it is a private center so they are out to make money. My treatment has been through the VA so they are trying to save money. My last scans were 2 weeks ago and my dr said this would be a life long thing.
        Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics