The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scanophobia time

Forums General Melanoma Community Scanophobia time

Participant

Hi, everyone. I do a pelvic and abdominal CAT scan tomorrow. Results a week later. First scan since July when a spot showed up in right groin lymph node. Had been doing scans since 2008 with no issues. I had really convinced myself that I had had beat it, so was in a state of shock when it came back abnormal. Had a full dissection done at M D Anderson. They took 28 nodes and only one was hot. I feel like that is pretty good, however it was rocking around in my body for 4 years. So, right now I really am torn as to what I expect. Hate Scan Week!

Hi, everyone. I do a pelvic and abdominal CAT scan tomorrow. Results a week later. First scan since July when a spot showed up in right groin lymph node. Had been doing scans since 2008 with no issues. I had really convinced myself that I had had beat it, so was in a state of shock when it came back abnormal. Had a full dissection done at M D Anderson. They took 28 nodes and only one was hot. I feel like that is pretty good, however it was rocking around in my body for 4 years. So, right now I really am torn as to what I expect. Hate Scan Week!

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        vivian
        Participant

Just want you to know that I am thinking of you and hoping your scans will be easy and clean! 

Lear

vivian
          Participant

Just want you to know that I am thinking of you and hoping your scans will be easy and clean! 

Lear

vivian
            Participant

Lear

washoegal
              Participant

Never any guarantees but it sounds like you caught it pretty early.  You did say if it was a micromatasis or a macro.  It is also difficult to tell from you profile to tell if this is the same location as you SNB but I would guess it is.  If so, then you have a pretty good chance and let's hope those lymph nodes were doing what they were designed to do and stopped old Mel where it stood.

Good Luck,

Mary

Stage 3

NED 2+ Years

washoegal
                Participant

Never any guarantees but it sounds like you caught it pretty early.  You did say if it was a micromatasis or a macro.  It is also difficult to tell from you profile to tell if this is the same location as you SNB but I would guess it is.  If so, then you have a pretty good chance and let's hope those lymph nodes were doing what they were designed to do and stopped old Mel where it stood.

Good Luck,

Mary

Stage 3

NED 2+ Years

washoegal
                  Participant

Good Luck,

Mary

Stage 3

NED 2+ Years

aldakota22
                    Participant

Keep your PMA (positive mind attitude).The odds are in your favor with only 1 node out of 28 hot.The waiting for the results of the scans will be here before you know it.Take it one day at a time.Keep us posted as we wait with you.Beat the Beast. Al

aldakota22
                      Participant

Keep your PMA (positive mind attitude).The odds are in your favor with only 1 node out of 28 hot.The waiting for the results of the scans will be here before you know it.Take it one day at a time.Keep us posted as we wait with you.Beat the Beast. Al

aldakota22
                        Participant

mama1960
                          Participant

Thanks! Will let you know next Tuesday.

mama1960
                            Participant

mama1960
                              Participant

JoshF
                                Participant

I'll be thinking about you!!! We all know how scanziety can set in. I have mine in 2 weeks and I'm already thinking about it everyday!!! You have the right attitude about whipping the beast….stick with that!!! All the best!!! 

JoshF
                                  Participant

I'll be thinking about you!!! We all know how scanziety can set in. I have mine in 2 weeks and I'm already thinking about it everyday!!! You have the right attitude about whipping the beast….stick with that!!! All the best!!! 

JoshF
                                    Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics