The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

scan results

Forums General Melanoma Community scan results

Participant

I haven't contributed much here but I just posted a profile for anyone who wants the history. After a couple clear post-interefron scans they found mets in my lungs & liver last August. I did the ipi for 4 infusions. Follow-up scans on Tuesday found more & the previous ones growing. Some are now over 1 cm. So the Moffitt folks have enrolled me in the anti-PD1 trial pending clearance after a brain MRI, bloodwork & an EKG. I keep telling my docs, "Keep me alive til you find a cure!"

Dan

I haven't contributed much here but I just posted a profile for anyone who wants the history. After a couple clear post-interefron scans they found mets in my lungs & liver last August. I did the ipi for 4 infusions. Follow-up scans on Tuesday found more & the previous ones growing. Some are now over 1 cm. So the Moffitt folks have enrolled me in the anti-PD1 trial pending clearance after a brain MRI, bloodwork & an EKG. I keep telling my docs, "Keep me alive til you find a cure!"

Dan

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        WendyPam
        Participant

Hi Dan,

My Mom is Stge 4 and a patient with Dr. Lutzky.  We are currently doing a reinduction of Yervoy. I was wondering are you going to be doing the BMS Anti-pd1 at Moffit with Dr. Webber? Dr. Lutsky told us if and when needed he  would send us to Moffitt for the same treatment. I wish you the best results with your new  treatment.

best regards,

Wendy

audgator
            Participant

Wendy, yes on the trilal at Moffitt if all goes well with the pre-tests. Thanks for the good wishes.    Dan

audgator
              Participant

Wendy, yes on the trilal at Moffitt if all goes well with the pre-tests. Thanks for the good wishes.    Dan

audgator
                Participant

Kelly7
                  Participant

Hi Wendy,

You mentioned your doctor is Dr. Lutzky, is that the same Lutzky out of Miami(Mt. Sinai)? That is where my brother is going and he is seeing a Dr. Lutzky. My brother just finished the IL-2 treatment and now we are waiting the 6 weeks to see if it is working!

So, he is willing to help your mom go to the Moffit center? I just want to know all the options my brother has.

Well, we live in Fort Lauderdale- Please take care,

Kelly

Kelly7
                    Participant

Hi Wendy,

You mentioned your doctor is Dr. Lutzky, is that the same Lutzky out of Miami(Mt. Sinai)? That is where my brother is going and he is seeing a Dr. Lutzky. My brother just finished the IL-2 treatment and now we are waiting the 6 weeks to see if it is working!

So, he is willing to help your mom go to the Moffit center? I just want to know all the options my brother has.

Kelly

Kelly7
                      Participant

Hi Wendy,

Kelly

WendyPam
                      Participant

Hi Dan,

My Mom is Stge 4 and a patient with Dr. Lutzky.  We are currently doing a reinduction of Yervoy. I was wondering are you going to be doing the BMS Anti-pd1 at Moffit with Dr. Webber? Dr. Lutsky told us if and when needed he  would send us to Moffitt for the same treatment. I wish you the best results with your new  treatment.

best regards,

Wendy

WendyPam
                        Participant

Hi Dan,

best regards,

Wendy

aldakota22
                          Participant

Dan make sure your doc does his part. A cure is in the near future.My prayers with you.   Al

aldakota22
                            Participant

Dan make sure your doc does his part. A cure is in the near future.My prayers with you.   Al

aldakota22
                              Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics