The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

SCAN RESULTS!!

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community SCAN RESULTS!!

Participant
      Haven’t talked to my doc yet, but this looks good to me 🙂

These are the results of the scans I’ve had after 4 months of ipi/nivo treatments following Stage 4 diagnosis:

Study Result
      Impression
      Interval decrease in size of the left hilar adenopathy and pulmonary metastases. The hepatic metastases have decreased in the interim.

The subcutaneous of the peritoneal metastases are noted along the visualized.

Narrative
      FULL RESULT:

Examination: CT CHEST ABDOMEN PELVIS W CONTRAST, 2/15/2020 9:42 AM

Clinical History: Secondary malignant neoplasm of liver and intrahepatic bile duct
      Secondary malignant neoplasm of bilateral lungs
      Secondary malignant neoplasm of bilateral lungs
      Metastatic malignant melanoma

Indication: assess for disease response

Comparison: November 9, 2019

Technique: CT of the chest, abdomen, and pelvis was performed with intravenous contrast.

Findings:

Technique: Multidetector helical CT data acquisition of the chest, abdomen and pelvis was performed at 2.5 mm axial slice reconstruction following administration of intravenous and oral contrast material.

COMPARISON: November 19, 2019.

FINDINGS:

CHEST: The heart is normal size.

The left infrahilar adenopathy has completely resolved soft tissue is noted in this region measures 0.3 x 0.5 cm and has decreased in size from 2.5 x 1.6 cm.
      The metastatic lesion present within the left lower lobe has decreased in size from 2.9 x 1.5 cm to 0.9 x 0.6 cm.

Abdomen and pelvis: Hepatic metastatic lesion present within segment IV measures 1.4 x 0.9 cm and has decreased in size from 2.7 x 2.3 cm.
      There is no intrahepatic or extra hepatic biliary ductal dilation.

The spleen, the adrenal glands and the pancreas are normal.

The kidneys demonstrate symmetric contrast enhancement and there is no evidence hydronephrosis. Stranding is seen within the retroperitoneum along the aorta and the celiac axis, is nonspecific and can be followed. The omental nodule seen on the prior examination is no longer visualized.

Sections through the pelvis demonstrate no fluid collections. There is no pelvic or inguinal adenopathy.

The nodules present within the left gluteal region in the anterior abdominal fat are no longer visualized. No definite skeletal metastases are noted.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        JudiAU
        Participant
          Wonderful news.

I just had my first scans after starting the combo and had shrinkage of everything a clean brain MRI for the first time in three years.

jennifer83
            Participant
              AMAZING! Congratulations! I hope and pray for everyone going through this sh!t, that they are healed and that they get their second chance.
              JudiAU
              Participant
                May we all lead long boring lives. Huzzah!
              ed williams
              Participant
                I would be doing a big happy dance after reading your report!!! So happy for you!!!Ed
                chrispl1974
                Participant
                  Fantastic news. I am very happy for you. Lets make these reports results a recurring theme. I hope it gets boring in the years to come, always reading the same good old news :))))))))
                  TarlieT
                  Participant
                    Congratulations on your fantastic news, Jennifer!!
                    lkb
                    Participant
                      Favorite phrases: “decreased in size” and “no longer visualized.” Yes!
                      Lucas
                      Participant
                        That’s a fantastic response! Better than my first scan following the combo over one year ago. Mine have continued to shrink with each scan, but I imagine you will be close to if not achieve a complete response!
                        sister of patient
                        Participant
                          Yes!!! Way to kick butt Jennifer!!! You are on your way – soooo pleased for you!!!!

Best, always!!

Barb

jbronicki
                          Participant
                            Wonderful news Jennifer! So happy to hear these results!
                            Julie in SoCal
                            Participant
                              3…2…1… Starting the happy dancing!

So glad for you!
                              Julie

Viewing 8 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics