The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Round 2 of Ipi completed

Forums General Melanoma Community Round 2 of Ipi completed

Participant
      Hi everyone,
      Just back from Montreal and my 2nd round of Ipi is now completed. I had virtually no side effects from Round 1, so I'm hoping for the same this time.  
      I also got my Sept 16 CT scan report. It only picked up 2 of the 4 brain tumors that I had treated in May. One is unchanged, the other increased from 6mm to 10mm. I can only assume the other two are either gone, or have shrunk too small to be detected. The lung tumor has increased from 4.4cm x 3cm to 5.5cm x 3.8cm, and the one on my back is now 3cm x 1.5cm.

Hi everyone,
      Just back from Montreal and my 2nd round of Ipi is now completed. I had virtually no side effects from Round 1, so I'm hoping for the same this time.  
      I also got my Sept 16 CT scan report. It only picked up 2 of the 4 brain tumors that I had treated in May. One is unchanged, the other increased from 6mm to 10mm. I can only assume the other two are either gone, or have shrunk too small to be detected. The lung tumor has increased from 4.4cm x 3cm to 5.5cm x 3.8cm, and the one on my back is now 3cm x 1.5cm. Now remember, this CT scan was done BEFORE I started treatment, so these latest numbers are the baseline for my current treatment. In early December I'll have more scans done, and we'll compare the results to the Sept 16 scan to see if the treatment is working or not. That's about it for now. Thanks so much for your continued prayers and support.
      Hugs
      Sharyn
      Stage IV
      Dx Mar 2006, WLE, SNB, ILP, PV-10, Hysterectomy, GM-CSF, WBRT, Temodar, BRAF negative, SRS, Mastectomy, and now Ipilimumab 

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        yensidw
        Participant

Great news that you had no side effects.  You have been through so much.  Will pray that your December scans show that the treatment is working. 

Janis

yensidw
          Participant

Great news that you had no side effects.  You have been through so much.  Will pray that your December scans show that the treatment is working. 

Janis

Jim M.
            Participant

Sharyn,

I'm glad the Ipi treatment is going well. As your immune system increasingly is reved up you may experience more side effects. That could be a good thing and an indicator you are a responder. I pray for continued success with Ipi and a shrinkage/ diappearence of the tumors.

God Bless,

Jim M.

Jim M.
              Participant

Sharyn,

I'm glad the Ipi treatment is going well. As your immune system increasingly is reved up you may experience more side effects. That could be a good thing and an indicator you are a responder. I pray for continued success with Ipi and a shrinkage/ diappearence of the tumors.

God Bless,

Jim M.

James from Sydney
                Participant

Hi Sharyn

You are one tough girl, hoping for great December Scans!

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
                  Participant

Hi Sharyn

You are one tough girl, hoping for great December Scans!

best wishes

James

Fen
                    Participant

Praying for no side effects this time too!  I hope you're feeling well and that the December scans are magnificent!  Keep us posted.

Fen
                      Participant

Praying for no side effects this time too!  I hope you're feeling well and that the December scans are magnificent!  Keep us posted.

Bonnie Lea
                        Participant

here's to our Newfie

great straight and tall (not)

lets stand by our Newfie

and let her hear our call

Sharyn….I am praying, so very hard for the December scans to just wow them in the best way off their little oncologist feets.

Bonnie Lea
                          Participant

here's to our Newfie

great straight and tall (not)

lets stand by our Newfie

and let her hear our call

Sharyn….I am praying, so very hard for the December scans to just wow them in the best way off their little oncologist feets.

lhaley
                            Participant

You have been through so much!! Hoping that Ippi is your magic bullet to get rid of the melanoma so you can get on with your life!

Sending good vibes and hugs your way,

Linda

lhaley
                              Participant

You have been through so much!! Hoping that Ippi is your magic bullet to get rid of the melanoma so you can get on with your life!

Sending good vibes and hugs your way,

Linda

SandraDee
                                Participant

Sharyn:

Man, you are something else!  Here's to continued no side effects, and to ipi putting the final ka-bash on this crap, ONCE AND FOR ALL!  How are you feeling?  I know how mentally exhuasting this is, Sharyn!  I can relate – 100%.  I am blessed to know you.

Prayers, prayers and more prayers, to my NEWFIE WARRIOR!!

Hugest of hugs!

Sandy

SandraDee
                                  Participant

Sharyn:

Man, you are something else!  Here's to continued no side effects, and to ipi putting the final ka-bash on this crap, ONCE AND FOR ALL!  How are you feeling?  I know how mentally exhuasting this is, Sharyn!  I can relate – 100%.  I am blessed to know you.

Prayers, prayers and more prayers, to my NEWFIE WARRIOR!!

Hugest of hugs!

Sandy

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics