The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Round #14 done and another clear round of scans!

Forums General Melanoma Community Round #14 done and another clear round of scans!

Participant

Hey Warriors!

Today I completed round 14 of Pembro and got results back on CT and MRI from yesterday. First, all scans were clear so I remain NED! (YES!!!). I'm still tolerating the Pembro well but my thyroid (TSH) has started to climb and fluctutate so I'm starting Synthroid tomorrow. I have noticed more fatigue and I'm hoping it helps get me back to full throttle. Anyone have any experience with this? TSH wasn't crazy high (and T3 and T4 were still in normal range) but I definitely felt more fatigue following these last few treatments.

I hope you are all kicking some melanoma ass and staying well engaged in the fight. 

Shout out to MelanomaMike who completed his third round of Ippy/Nivo today, NED or bust!

Warrior On!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Coragirl
        Participant

Yay!!!!! Love to hear your good news, we got back from our trip a couple of days ago and I was so happy to see a few people had some good news to share NED, immunotherapy working and a first grandchild. My husband has his first scans since starting nivo on August 2. I'm working hard to keep my anxiety controlled. He has been feeling good and looked great on the beach covered from head to toe and under an umbrella! I hope you start to feel less fatigued once your medicine kicks in. Congrats on staying NED!

TexMelanomex
            Participant

Hi Amie!

Glad you guys took the trip, the point of all of this warrior work is to live life right!?? I'll keep you and your husband in my prayers that the Nivo delivers and you see good things on this upcoming scan. Remember: worrying only feels productive, it doesn't really change anything! Keep on living life and warrioring on!

Tex

BillB
            Participant

Tex, congrats on the good news. Heading down to NYC tomorrow for infusion #17 on Thursday. Fatigue during the last month was pretty tough. I think it was a combination of factors, bad summer cold, a fishing trip like no others that left me completely exhausted one day from all the yellowfin tuna we caught ( went home, got in bed and didn’t get up until morning. Finally starting to feel better. My T3 was a little low, T4 and TSH were normal the following week when I had infusion #16.  It will be interesting to see how the blood work is tomorrow.

Bill

TexMelanomex
                Participant

Bill, 

Nice work on the Yellowfin but it sounds like you paid a price for the good trip! Interestingly my TSH was high last visit and T3 and T4 was normal, but his visit TSH was back in normal range but T3 was low. Starting synthroid tomorrow to combat some of this fatigue, looking forward to seeing how it works but they told me it takes weeks to months before most people really start to notice any difference. I hope #17 goes smooth as silk for you. Warrior On brother Bill!

Tex

marta010
                Participant

Hi Tex – congrats on the scan results!  In addition to the thyroid, make sure your cortisol and testosterone levels are also checked – as the Pembro can mess with your adrenal system.  My husband has crashed with adreanal insufficiency a couple of times while on Keytruda and a bump in his hydrocortisone levels really took care of the fatigue.  Keep up the good fight!

Ann

TexMelanomex
                    Participant

Hi Ann,

Thanks! They mentioned doing some more labs next time around to see how the adrenal system is being impacted so I will definitely push for those labs next time. 

Tex

iskitwo
                    Participant

This is defiantly not a easy fight but anytime you can hear NED it makes all the pain worth while!! Keep up the good fight!!

Missy

TexMelanomex
                        Participant

Thank you Missy! I will report that status just as long as I possibly can and I hope sometime soon we all get to NED! Warrior On!!

Bradley75
                        Participant

Great to hear good news.  I am having Pembro round 23 this Friday and remain NED.  There is hope in this battle.

When my thyroid quit, it went hyper first and the hypo and then plum quit.  As long as they monitor thyroid levels at your every 3 week appointments, they will dial in the correct dosage after some trial and error.  I started at 50 mcg and am now locked in at 200 mcg per day.  It got my levels back to normal so it will improve for you as long as they stay on it. 

Brad

TexMelanomex
                            Participant

Thanks man and glad to hear you are still victorious! Yes, they have me at 50mcg and we'll see how things look at the next visit. I'm moving slower and my daily energy level is down quite a bit (from my normal level) so I'm hoping a thyroid boost will get me back to my normal level of motivation. Take care brother Brad!

Bubbles
                            Participant

Congrats!!!  Sorry about the thyroid issues!  Synthroid should help settle things out and have you back up to speed soon!!  Hang tough!  You got this!!  Celeste

Viewing 5 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics