The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Returning To Work

Forums General Melanoma Community Returning To Work

Participant

My husband, Mike is going to attempt to return to work tomorrow after 6 wks. off work and his first series of IL-2. He is still a bit under the weather but wants to try returning to work. He was wondering how long other patients took after IL-2 treatments to return to "normal?" He will have a scan on June 17th, results of scan June 21st and than more than likely back for another round of IL-2 in July.

My husband, Mike is going to attempt to return to work tomorrow after 6 wks. off work and his first series of IL-2. He is still a bit under the weather but wants to try returning to work. He was wondering how long other patients took after IL-2 treatments to return to "normal?" He will have a scan on June 17th, results of scan June 21st and than more than likely back for another round of IL-2 in July.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Rebecca and Bob
        Participant

My husband went back to work betweek IL-2 treatments. He started feeling better a few days after being home. The biggest part was getting rid of the water weight and he had a little of that when he came home.  I wanted him to just stay home and rest, but he went back anyway. Make sure your husband takes care of himself. My husband did that treatment starting April 2008 and did the 6 rounds, it resolved his lung tumors and he did have a surgery in 2009 but so far everything has been good. He has been NED since July 2009.

Sending you prayers IL-2 is working for your husband.

Rebecca

debandmike
            Participant

Mike got his first day in and I know he is more tired than he wants to admit! We are happy that this is a four day week so he can "break himself in". I know the IL-2 side effects are so different for everyone but I do know they wore my husband out. He tires so easily. Hope all is well with you and your husband and thank you for your response.

Debby

debandmike
              Participant

Mike got his first day in and I know he is more tired than he wants to admit! We are happy that this is a four day week so he can "break himself in". I know the IL-2 side effects are so different for everyone but I do know they wore my husband out. He tires so easily. Hope all is well with you and your husband and thank you for your response.

Debby

Rebecca and Bob
              Participant

My husband went back to work betweek IL-2 treatments. He started feeling better a few days after being home. The biggest part was getting rid of the water weight and he had a little of that when he came home.  I wanted him to just stay home and rest, but he went back anyway. Make sure your husband takes care of himself. My husband did that treatment starting April 2008 and did the 6 rounds, it resolved his lung tumors and he did have a surgery in 2009 but so far everything has been good. He has been NED since July 2009.

Sending you prayers IL-2 is working for your husband.

Rebecca

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics