The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Results from dissection after surgery.

Forums General Melanoma Community Results from dissection after surgery.

Participant

I am so relieved right now. They where only able to find cancer in one lymph node. It appeared to be "closed", and showed no signs of spreading. They checked 80 other lymph nodes and none of them had any cancer.

They told me this means they do not even recomend Radiation treatement. I will be followed up every three months for 10 years to be shure that the cancer does not come back. And I will also have a couple og  pet scans the first years. 

They think that the cancer came from the melanoma I had removed for 15 Years ago, that had spread to the lymph back then. This time we took all the lumph nodes on  the neck and my muscle, and all the blood vessels on the neck. 

I feel like I won the lottery on this one, and are not scared anymore of the checkups to follow. I understand that it has a chance to come back other places on by body, but surgents told me that after looking at the evidence, in my case the chances are close to 0. 

I am celebrating with my family tooday, and finally I can relax a bit, and get our well earned summer vacation.

Inge Kristian

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        SABKLYN
        Participant

Excellent news – congrats!!

UBContributor
          Participant

Yes!!! yiu won the lottery! Just enjoy your life. Can we know what was your stage  15 years ago? 

Ingekk
              Participant
                I an not shure about stage 15 years ago. It had spread to one lymph, and they removed it along with this surrounding it. Breslow was larger than 4 mm.

Inge Kristian.

CindyJ
              Participant

Great news! Sounds like that one lymph node did its job for a long, long time! Enjoy your deserving vacation!

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics