The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Responder to IPI

Forums Ocular Melanoma Community Responder to IPI

Participant

Hello – My husband had lung surgery Feb/11 and a craniotomy June/11 with WBR and targeted radiation to other brain lesions.  His 4th (last) IPI infusion was Feb/12.

Hello – My husband had lung surgery Feb/11 and a craniotomy June/11 with WBR and targeted radiation to other brain lesions.  His 4th (last) IPI infusion was Feb/12. This weeks scan results showed all body tumors and skin tumors have disappeared, the brain is also clear except for one lesion that they believe is responding to IPI and is showing signs of "exploding" and breaking apart.  This is encouraging news, what a blessing!!!!  The ipi treatment caused alot of edema in the brain but happy to report he is off all steroids now.  He is now left with poor eyesight.  We are seeing an eye doc today and another eye doc on Monday to see if they can help him.  We don't know if this is the fallout of the brain radiation since one of the tumors was near the ocular nerve, or if the ipi has caused this.  I am hoping they can help him, as he cannot work/drive with his vision impairment and is self employed.  All this aside, we are overjoyed with the results!!!

Loving wife Lyndaloo

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Tim–MRF

This is great news–thank you for sharing.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

hope4cure1
              Participant

Oh wow, Lyndaloo!!!!!!!   That is wonderful news!  You two must be celebrating to the max.  I really hope the eye doctor was help him.

Hope

hope4cure1
                Participant

Oh wow, Lyndaloo!!!!!!!   That is wonderful news!  You two must be celebrating to the max.  I really hope the eye doctor was help him.

Hope

hope4cure1
                  Participant

Hope

aldakota22
                    Participant

Very happy for the results.After all you both have ben through the payoff is fantastic.Will keep you in my prayers and hope the eye problems only improves.Love reading the good posts.     Al

aldakota22
                      Participant

Very happy for the results.After all you both have ben through the payoff is fantastic.Will keep you in my prayers and hope the eye problems only improves.Love reading the good posts.     Al

aldakota22
                        Participant

lyndaloo
                          Participant

Just wanted to clarify that he finished Ipilimumab (yervoy) Feb/12, not sure if I made myself clear….

lyndaloo
                            Participant

Just wanted to clarify that he finished Ipilimumab (yervoy) Feb/12, not sure if I made myself clear….

lyndaloo
                              Participant

LynnLuc
                                Participant

Great News!!

LynnLuc
                                  Participant

Great News!!

LynnLuc
                                    Participant

Great News!!

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics