The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Request for changes to MPIP

Forums General Melanoma Community Request for changes to MPIP

Inactive

Hello everyone! 

Hello everyone! 

We have had several requests for some change regarding the viewing of posts on the bulletin board.  We were able to get a quote on making an internal change to the website so that users can sort posts by personal preference, either by last reply date OR by original post date.  This will hopefully help with the issues that have been brought to our attention.  The quote was just given to us but we have given them the go-ahead to make these changes.  Once we have an estimated date that this will go into effect, I will announce that in this message.  Thanks so much for your patience, understanding, and input and please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions/concerns regarding this change.  Have a wonderful day!

Shelby – MRF

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Thank you for listening!  Just within the last day or two an old post popped up that was commented on by at least one board member that has passed away. It was a spam comment and I can no longer find it so it must have been removed. Hopefully this will help.

Linda

Anonymous
            Inactive

Yes, we removed that but this should definitely help!

Anonymous
              Inactive

Yes, we removed that but this should definitely help!

lhaley
              Participant

Thank you for listening!  Just within the last day or two an old post popped up that was commented on by at least one board member that has passed away. It was a spam comment and I can no longer find it so it must have been removed. Hopefully this will help.

Linda

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

Shelly, I have noticed that y'all seem to be steadily making upgrades to the Board tht makes it more usable and mmore like many of us have requested.  Keep up the work!

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

Shelly, I have noticed that y'all seem to be steadily making upgrades to the Board tht makes it more usable and mmore like many of us have requested.  Keep up the work!

Ranisa
                    Participant

I am newer here and I love how once a post is commented on it moves to the top!

W.
                        Participant

It is definitely a useful feature. But it can be quite disturbing when old posts move to the top with people involved who are no longer with us.

I'm not sure what the best solution to this problem is, but maybe threads should become read-only after some time, e.g. maybe commenting should be disabled for threads which are older than 6 weeks. (Of course I have no idea whether this can be implemented with reasonable effort on this website…)

Or maybe old threads could be visually marked as "old", such that it is clear for everyone that is it an old conversation.

Ranisa
                          Participant

If someone is under the weather for a bit, and then happens to get online they can't comment on anything?

Ranisa
                            Participant

If someone is under the weather for a bit, and then happens to get online they can't comment on anything?

W.
                              Participant

It is definitely a useful feature. But it can be quite disturbing when old posts move to the top with people involved who are no longer with us.

I'm not sure what the best solution to this problem is, but maybe threads should become read-only after some time, e.g. maybe commenting should be disabled for threads which are older than 6 weeks. (Of course I have no idea whether this can be implemented with reasonable effort on this website…)

Or maybe old threads could be visually marked as "old", such that it is clear for everyone that is it an old conversation.

dian in spokane
                                Participant

ranisa..it sounds like the change they are proposing will still allow you to sort your reading in that manner. But others will have the choice not to!

Ranisa
                                  Participant

I like having that choice.  Thanks for clearing it up.  Will it be difficult to set up?

Ranisa
                                    Participant

I like having that choice.  Thanks for clearing it up.  Will it be difficult to set up?

dian in spokane
                                      Participant

ranisa..it sounds like the change they are proposing will still allow you to sort your reading in that manner. But others will have the choice not to!

Ranisa
                                      Participant

I am newer here and I love how once a post is commented on it moves to the top!

Charlie S
                                        Participant

EXCELLENT !  As a user option for display peferences, your solution is super.  Good job, and as others have said, thanks for listening.

Charlie S

Charlie S
                                          Participant

EXCELLENT !  As a user option for display peferences, your solution is super.  Good job, and as others have said, thanks for listening.

Charlie S

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics