The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Remembering Michael its 2 years today forever 20

Forums Caregiver Community Remembering Michael its 2 years today forever 20

Participant

It seems like yesterday, Michael fought for just over 2 years and its been that long since his passing he was only 20. He made us proud the way he faced this disease, the way he saw life and death, how he spoke about his funeral, how he was more concerned about others than himself.

He was an extraordinary human being having achieved Distinctions at Sydney University in Science whilst doing Interferon for 12 months. He amazed us when he enrolled for year 2 just after his 2nd Craniotomy and whilst on Temador only 3 months before he passed.. My boy you are a Legend.

It seems like yesterday, Michael fought for just over 2 years and its been that long since his passing he was only 20. He made us proud the way he faced this disease, the way he saw life and death, how he spoke about his funeral, how he was more concerned about others than himself.

He was an extraordinary human being having achieved Distinctions at Sydney University in Science whilst doing Interferon for 12 months. He amazed us when he enrolled for year 2 just after his 2nd Craniotomy and whilst on Temador only 3 months before he passed.. My boy you are a Legend.

For all of you in the trenches i wish you to the  fight the fight of your life, don't accept everything the Doctors say to you no matter how qualified they are be pro actve and seek other opinions. To Caregivers especially Parents of young ones affected by Melanoma, listen to your children's opinion and needs it is their fight ask them what they would like you to do. I made some mistakes and acknowledged that, we talked and we parted arm in arm best of friends.

I know that its the Doctors and researchers that will find a Cure one day but it would never be possible without the incredible people both past and present that form this Community at MPIP. 

best wishes

James

Viewing 19 reply threads
    • Replies
        LizzM
        Participant

Thinking of you and your family today, James. I know how hard Angelversaries can be. May you be comforted by your wonderful memories of your loving son. Michael was so lucky to have you fighting right alongside him.

Take care ~ Liz

LizzM
          Participant

Thinking of you and your family today, James. I know how hard Angelversaries can be. May you be comforted by your wonderful memories of your loving son. Michael was so lucky to have you fighting right alongside him.

Take care ~ Liz

MaryD
            Participant

It's hard to believe that 2 years have gone by already – Michael was clearly an amazing young man!   His ability to achieve goals in the midst of fighting for his life is a testimony to his character  . .and to the loving and tenacious support he received from his family.

Just today, I attended Jenna's memorial, and was so touched by how somone at the young of 20 can impact so many lives in such a profound and positive way.

The pain of losing a child is unimaginable but I hope you will always find comfort in the lasting footprints Michael left in all of your lives and hearts.

Thanks also to you James, for remaining so supportive to us on this board!

Take care,

Mary

MaryD
              Participant

It's hard to believe that 2 years have gone by already – Michael was clearly an amazing young man!   His ability to achieve goals in the midst of fighting for his life is a testimony to his character  . .and to the loving and tenacious support he received from his family.

Just today, I attended Jenna's memorial, and was so touched by how somone at the young of 20 can impact so many lives in such a profound and positive way.

The pain of losing a child is unimaginable but I hope you will always find comfort in the lasting footprints Michael left in all of your lives and hearts.

Thanks also to you James, for remaining so supportive to us on this board!

Take care,

Mary

jag
                Participant

James, 

We will never forget Michael.  I am amazed at how strong a person can be by continuing to try and help other people fight melanoma after losing a loved one. 

Peace be with you.

John

jag
                  Participant

James, 

We will never forget Michael.  I am amazed at how strong a person can be by continuing to try and help other people fight melanoma after losing a loved one. 

Peace be with you.

John

Lori C
                    Participant

Thank you for sharing some of Michael's journey with me – I will include him in my candle lighting tonight and am in awe of the courage he had – amazing young man.

Lori C
                      Participant

Thank you for sharing some of Michael's journey with me – I will include him in my candle lighting tonight and am in awe of the courage he had – amazing young man.

ValinMtl
                          Participant

I too will light a candle for Michael. My heart goes out to you James.  Val

ValinMtl
                            Participant

I too will light a candle for Michael. My heart goes out to you James.  Val

BarbieGirl
                            Participant

James, it's so hard to believe it's been 2 years.  Thank you for sharing your son with us.. he inspired so many, and continues to do so.  Thinking of you and your family today. 

*Hugz*

~Lisa~

BarbieGirl
                              Participant

James, it's so hard to believe it's been 2 years.  Thank you for sharing your son with us.. he inspired so many, and continues to do so.  Thinking of you and your family today. 

*Hugz*

~Lisa~

Cate
                                Participant

James,  I can't believe 2 years have past.  Michael was so fortunate to have you for a father.  I hope we well find a cure for this disease.   Cate

Cate
                                  Participant

James,  I can't believe 2 years have past.  Michael was so fortunate to have you for a father.  I hope we well find a cure for this disease.   Cate

NicOz
                                    Participant

Michael was an amazing young man… and continues to be remembered as one by many. You complimented each other beautifully- a synergistic bond between father and son that took love to a whole different plane. (Synergistic may not be the right word to explain what I mean, but it's the best I've got at the moment- blame my dodgy brain)

I think of you all, often. Love to all, and thank you for being such an inspirational carer and advocate. Everything about Michael and yourself, simply shines.

Nic

xxx

PS- I WILL answer that long overdue email this week.

NicOz
                                      Participant

Michael was an amazing young man… and continues to be remembered as one by many. You complimented each other beautifully- a synergistic bond between father and son that took love to a whole different plane. (Synergistic may not be the right word to explain what I mean, but it's the best I've got at the moment- blame my dodgy brain)

I think of you all, often. Love to all, and thank you for being such an inspirational carer and advocate. Everything about Michael and yourself, simply shines.

Nic

xxx

PS- I WILL answer that long overdue email this week.

Fen
                                        Participant

Oh James, my heart just breaks.  I will keep you and your family in my prayers.  What a special young man Michael was.

Fen
                                          Participant

Oh James, my heart just breaks.  I will keep you and your family in my prayers.  What a special young man Michael was.

SusanE
                                            Participant

Hi James. Sending blessings your way. Thank you for staying around on the board to help us out. One day you will be with Michael again and find out what good works he has been helping The Lord with. Peace be with you, Susan wife of Jerry 

SusanE
                                              Participant

Hi James. Sending blessings your way. Thank you for staying around on the board to help us out. One day you will be with Michael again and find out what good works he has been helping The Lord with. Peace be with you, Susan wife of Jerry 

King
                                                Participant

James,

MichaelFL did a post yesterday (11/13) remembering your Michael.  A few of us responded to that post.  Thinking of you and your son.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                                                  Participant

James,

MichaelFL did a post yesterday (11/13) remembering your Michael.  A few of us responded to that post.  Thinking of you and your son.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Viewing 19 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics