The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

recurrence and treatment

Forums General Melanoma Community recurrence and treatment

Participant
      recurrence after 1 year opvido and 3 surgeries . still stage 3c in and around left axial LN but too difuse to use radiation…..

so on to yervoy+ opvido. they gave me a beautiful brochure from Bristo Myers.. very expensive.

it claims for BRAF + melanoma sufferer there is a 58% SR after vervoy + opvido regime after 5 years.

thing is no where do they mention if that SR is for orignal treatment only after diagnosis or recurrence.

a not minor oversite considering 60% of stage 3 sufferes recur.

thoughts, intel anyone?

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        Edwin
        Participant
          “58% SR after vervoy + opvido regime after 5 years.” Years ago I saw a similar 5 year SR with Vervoy and opvido as the initial treatment for people with stage 4 melanoma. People with stage 3 should do better.
          JudiAU
          Participant
            At stage four, I was given the same odds so I would assume your odds are better.
            tkoss
            Participant
              this is from Bristol Myers brachure entitled ‘ For Adults with Advanced Melanoma”

no where do they refer to STAGES… not one mention of any STAGE.

they do say quite prominently and on several different pages

“In an analysis of 945 previously UNTREATED patients.”

then the stats. which is 65% afte 6.5 years of the Comobo……..23% of ipi alone. They spill alot of ink on that stat, repeating in varous forms

so what defines ‘previously untreated’ and doe the meter start at first biposy or first WLE of first infusion?

ed williams
                Participant
                  The numbers come from Checkmate 067, which started in 2014 and patients could not have had Ipilimumab prior which was approved in 2011 time frame. So (untreated) would mean new stage 4 and if you read checkmate 067 clinical trial it goes into more detail of who qualified. Today with adjuvant immunotherapy by the time they are stage 4 they have had either targeted therapy or pd-1 treatment already. Go to result section of following article and you will see where the 945 # comes from. I was one of the 315 in the Nivo arm of the trial. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1910836 https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01844505
                tkoss
                Participant

MilanForsten
                  Participant
                    hello its important
                Viewing 4 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics