The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Recipes for Rox

Forums General Melanoma Community Recipes for Rox

• Replies
      TinaR
      Participant

Thanks, Michele πŸ™‚ !  The recipes look delish…I always have a ton of leftover stuffing ( I make a batch in the Turkey- although they say you shouldn't do that for safety reasons…but in 30 years of making Turkey no one has even been sick) and then two Turkey molds for those who like a more dry filling. I will take what I don't use for my casserole πŸ˜‰ and make one on the list- "Stuffing Bites with Cranberry Pesto" ! I think I'll make more of a pancake, so I don't have to deep fry…I'll add the egg rather than coat. Can have this with something different later in the week- and still use up all the leftovers!

Fried Stuffing Bites with Cranberry Pesto

INGREDIENTS

Leftover baked stuffing (your family recipe)

2 eggs

2 teaspoons milk

1 cup seasoned bread crumbs

Vegetable or canola oil (enough to fill pan 2 inches deep)

1 cup cranberry sauce

(any type of cranberry sauce works –

jellied, whole berry, canned or uncanned!)

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/2 cup walnuts

Directions

1. Cut leftover stuffing into bite-sized cubes, then gently form

into balls and set aside.

2. I n a small bowl whisk together eggs and milk. Coat each stuffing

bite with this egg wash, then dredge in the bread crumbs until

fully coated and set aside.

3. I n a medium saucepan, using a deep–frying thermometer,

heat oil to 350 degrees.

4. I n a food processor blend cranberry sauce, pepper and walnuts

until it reaches a pesto-like consistency. Set aside. Once oil

is at temperature, fry each piece of stuffing until golden

brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel and serve

with cranberry pesto.

Call

dian in spokane
          Participant

this year… I might make my dressing in muffin tins!

TinaR
            Participant

Good idea- individual serving sized!  I use one like this for my out of bird dressing:

http://www.nordicware.com/store/products/detail/turkey-cake-pan/D5A1B548-0CD7-102E-91C0-0026B942890D

I think it looks pretty on the Turkey-themed table. I usually make a breakfast bread in this before hand and we have that with hot chocolate while watching the Macy's parade. I make Turkey shaped butter as well ( used to buy it, but I can rarely find it in the stores) I use the the 3D standing turkey candy mold that I use to make chocolate turkeys for each place setting. My daughter  loves helping with all this holiday activity. I don't know why this appeals to me- but I just can't get enough of this sort of thing. One year I was a little overwhelmed and didn't go all out — thought the kids wouldn't care…was so surprised that my son was the most heartbroken about all the missing theme items.

Ahhhhhhhh, food/decoration/celebration chat… LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE  — simple minded creature that I am πŸ˜‰

dian in spokane
              Participant

oh well..that's cool! I might have to go buy one and maybe put something in it. They mention cranberry sauce..that would be sweet.

I am TOTALLY into Thanksgiving this year, even though probably neither of my boys will be here, just a couple of friends.

First snow today!!

dian

dian in spokane
                Participant

oh well..that's cool! I might have to go buy one and maybe put something in it. They mention cranberry sauce..that would be sweet.

I am TOTALLY into Thanksgiving this year, even though probably neither of my boys will be here, just a couple of friends.

First snow today!!

dian

TinaR
                  Participant

Good idea- individual serving sized!  I use one like this for my out of bird dressing:

http://www.nordicware.com/store/products/detail/turkey-cake-pan/D5A1B548-0CD7-102E-91C0-0026B942890D

I think it looks pretty on the Turkey-themed table. I usually make a breakfast bread in this before hand and we have that with hot chocolate while watching the Macy's parade. I make Turkey shaped butter as well ( used to buy it, but I can rarely find it in the stores) I use the the 3D standing turkey candy mold that I use to make chocolate turkeys for each place setting. My daughter  loves helping with all this holiday activity. I don't know why this appeals to me- but I just can't get enough of this sort of thing. One year I was a little overwhelmed and didn't go all out — thought the kids wouldn't care…was so surprised that my son was the most heartbroken about all the missing theme items.

Ahhhhhhhh, food/decoration/celebration chat… LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE  — simple minded creature that I am πŸ˜‰

dian in spokane
                    Participant

this year… I might make my dressing in muffin tins!

TinaR
                    Participant

Thanks, Michele πŸ™‚ !  The recipes look delish…I always have a ton of leftover stuffing ( I make a batch in the Turkey- although they say you shouldn't do that for safety reasons…but in 30 years of making Turkey no one has even been sick) and then two Turkey molds for those who like a more dry filling. I will take what I don't use for my casserole πŸ˜‰ and make one on the list- "Stuffing Bites with Cranberry Pesto" ! I think I'll make more of a pancake, so I don't have to deep fry…I'll add the egg rather than coat. Can have this with something different later in the week- and still use up all the leftovers!

Fried Stuffing Bites with Cranberry Pesto

INGREDIENTS

Leftover baked stuffing (your family recipe)

2 eggs

2 teaspoons milk

1 cup seasoned bread crumbs

Vegetable or canola oil (enough to fill pan 2 inches deep)

1 cup cranberry sauce

(any type of cranberry sauce works –

jellied, whole berry, canned or uncanned!)

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/2 cup walnuts

Directions

1. Cut leftover stuffing into bite-sized cubes, then gently form

into balls and set aside.

2. I n a small bowl whisk together eggs and milk. Coat each stuffing

bite with this egg wash, then dredge in the bread crumbs until

fully coated and set aside.

3. I n a medium saucepan, using a deep–frying thermometer,

heat oil to 350 degrees.

4. I n a food processor blend cranberry sauce, pepper and walnuts

until it reaches a pesto-like consistency. Set aside. Once oil

is at temperature, fry each piece of stuffing until golden

brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel and serve

with cranberry pesto.

Call

Viewing 1 reply thread
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics