The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Reasonable Hotel Rates Near MSK

Forums General Melanoma Community Reasonable Hotel Rates Near MSK

Participant

Can anybody recommend a hotel with reasonable rates near MSK in New York.  The Marriott that has hospital rates seems to be out of rooms and we are getting quoted rates of $500.  Good grief!  Any recommendations anybody has would be welcome.  Thanks.

cltml

Can anybody recommend a hotel with reasonable rates near MSK in New York.  The Marriott that has hospital rates seems to be out of rooms and we are getting quoted rates of $500.  Good grief!  Any recommendations anybody has would be welcome.  Thanks.

cltml

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        cltml
        Participant

I should have indicated that we need the accommodations on Wednesday this week, June 6.

cltml

Richard_K
            Participant

I had a number of one night stays in February and March 2010 while being tested at NYU.  I stayed at Red Roof Inn on West 32nd street for $181 all taxes included.  Parking was also steeply discounted or free, I can't remenber which.  (I'm sure there is some seanonality and basic inflation that will impact your cost but at the time, Red Roof had the best price I could find in Manhattan.   Red Roof is 2.7 miles and 16 minutes (with traffic) from MSK.  You might also check out Joe's House at joeshouse.org.  They have agreements with many chains and have arranged for discounts for cancer patients.

Good Luck

Dick

Erinmay22
              Participant

Another option could be to stay further away and take the train.  Not sure where you're coming from.  I live in Jersey City  (just across the Hudson from Lower Manhattan).  When I head in to Sloan (I'll be in there tomorrow) I take the NJ Path to World Trade Center and then take the E train.  It stops at 53rd and Lexington – the same block as Sloan's outpatient facility. 

FYI  – I was just looking at some hotels around there and in the city. Not sure what is going on this week but a lot of them seem to be sold out? 

Erinmay22
                Participant

Another option could be to stay further away and take the train.  Not sure where you're coming from.  I live in Jersey City  (just across the Hudson from Lower Manhattan).  When I head in to Sloan (I'll be in there tomorrow) I take the NJ Path to World Trade Center and then take the E train.  It stops at 53rd and Lexington – the same block as Sloan's outpatient facility. 

FYI  – I was just looking at some hotels around there and in the city. Not sure what is going on this week but a lot of them seem to be sold out? 

Erinmay22
                  Participant

Richard_K
                    Participant

I had a number of one night stays in February and March 2010 while being tested at NYU.  I stayed at Red Roof Inn on West 32nd street for $181 all taxes included.  Parking was also steeply discounted or free, I can't remenber which.  (I'm sure there is some seanonality and basic inflation that will impact your cost but at the time, Red Roof had the best price I could find in Manhattan.   Red Roof is 2.7 miles and 16 minutes (with traffic) from MSK.  You might also check out Joe's House at joeshouse.org.  They have agreements with many chains and have arranged for discounts for cancer patients.

Good Luck

Dick

Richard_K
                      Participant

Good Luck

Dick

cltml
                      Participant

I should have indicated that we need the accommodations on Wednesday this week, June 6.

cltml

cltml
                        Participant

cltml

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics