The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Re pigmentation after vitiligo from Ipi

Forums General Melanoma Community Re pigmentation after vitiligo from Ipi

Participant
      Eight tumors completely wiped out by Yervoy. Still in remission nearly a year later. First course of Opdivo prior to Yervoy produced vitiligo. on arms, hands, and legs. Yervoy caused white eyebrows and lashes. I started getting what looked like age/liver spots on hands, arms, and legs about 8 months ago. These spots are now so prevalent that they cover everything but my trunk and face/neck so completely that I look like a mutated giraffe. Both oncologist and dermatologist think that this is re pigmentation of previous vitiligo areas. Personally, I think that they have no idea what it is. Has anyone heard of this condition (or experienced it)? Both docs agree that the spots, which now number in the thousands (no exaggeration and many areas have merged into large light brown patches of skin) aren’t dangerous. While certainly grateful to still be in remission, i certainly wouldn’t mind my skin going back to “normal”. Thanks for feedback.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Gene_S
        Participant
          Hello John,
          My husband was on Yervoy and he developed vitiligo and the white eyebrows and beard. This also made his face white down to the collar bone.
          He also has white spots on his arms. He has been NED for 8 years and still has all of the things that turned white.

He stopped the Yervoy in Dec. 2013.

Judy the loving wife of Gene Stage !V Clinical Trial of Ipi (Yervoy) 10 mg/kg and GMCSF self injections

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics